Friday... No thread?

morning all :wave:

cannot wait for it to be 5 and not have to (pretend to) do work. so tired, turns out being tired and then staying up til 1 watching TV isn’t a good idea if you want to reduce your tiredness. who knew?

my wife is off to do the big shop shortly, hoping for lots of snacks and stuff to make the day go nicely. then once it’s 5 the laptop goes off and it’s :pizza::soccer::video_game::sleeping_bed: o’clock

1 Like

given I am going to Specsavers too, I’m guessing they’ll ask me this too :grimacing:

they do a virtual try on thing on their website where you scan your face in and then they superimpose glasses on, that might help?

I had shortlisted four (all big square acetate type ones) but my wife has vetoed one pair. hopefully the other three will actually fit :confused:

1 Like

ooh where can I do the virtual glasses thing? I cannae find it.

Yep I had to do this last week, they had them prepared for me to try on and let me pick a few others. As I was wearing a mask they steamed up too so seeing them wasn’t easy, so I’m dreading picking them up later as I think I made a bad choice.

5 Likes

I finished another big project for work yesterday, one that meant I had to go to the office as it couldn’t be done remotely.

I’m glad its over, but after three months of manically working, today I feel a bit lost as suddenly my work load has dropped. I’ve got loads of little tasks and fixes to do, but i’m not feeling that motivated.

Morning all!

Went to Tesco on my way back from nursery for printer cartridges but they didn’t have the ones I needed.

I’m putting stuff in the loft this morning and then picking some beer up this afternoon.

Still on the hunt for one of these, and after being in many shops I can conclude they simply don’t exist.
Bit like when people on here were trying to say Heinz spaghetti and sausage was a thing.
You’ll have to wake up earlier than that to pull the wool over my eyes, dis

1 Like

Appears to be flying ant day round me neck of the woods

do they have a thing where you can upload a photo to see what each pair looks like on your face?

impossible to choose glasses on their own

edit: read the thread, dickhead

Morning tilty, morning all. Just had a workout, shower and breakfast. Might read a bit more of Steal As Much As You Can before work.
Got to go into the office tomorrow for the first time in four months. Feel surprisingly OK about it.

1 Like

got an actual real coffee from a shop

yeaaaaaah boooiiiii

3 Likes

Yep, just found it! Okay less panicky now.

1 Like

Annoyed myself already by listening to this cause it’ll be in my head all day.

I love the sound of hedgetrimmers in the morning

Was asked if I wanted a regular or large flat white for the first time in months the other day.

About to go for a 5K run. I did my first for a few years two weeks ago. Forgot how fun running was.

3 Likes
  • Do actual work
  • Send a couple of emails and drink coffee

0 voters

i had only just trained myself to stop adding ‘…to take away’ on to the end of an order in a shop that only does takeaway orders and now they’ve opened back up for seating :upside_down_face:

1 Like