Friday slush thread

Morning

In work with a stinking cold after walking through freezing sleet & slush

I hate everything, including you …and especially you

…you’re alright though

What’s your Fridaying DiS?

4 Likes

Was determined to go into work today after spending all week at home with some bullshit low level illness. Bounded out of bed, was so dizzy that I immediately walked into a doorframe and had to sit on the floor for a bit.

Everything’s still very spinny. Guess I’m working from wfh again then.

I’m very tired.got in from work at 9.15, went to bed at 10. Woke up (bloody kid!) at 3.45 and have been awake since. Had a cheeky doze at work there. Today is gonna be a slog.

Work.
Apparently I need to look out and sort new phone contracts today on BlaCk FrIdAy for wife and mother-in-law as I know “all about that boring stuff”

• Seems fair
  • You poor darling

0 voters

Morning! It’s my Monday :frowning: but my most irritating, incompetent colleague is on holiday so it’s not too bad.

Not feeling too unwell but still trying to rest up so I can get to the gig

:wave:
Wfh today. Short run, bit of a tidy round as the TV has guests staying tomorrow.

Hopefully find some time to make some music and read a bit tonight.

Whenever you post photos of that harbour I get the Carlie Simon song from Working Girl in my head.

Got up late, WFH but have to go to town to pick up my glasses first to try and curb these headaches, then might as well squeeze in a swim and work through lunch instead.

@Matt_was_taken I’ll bring some cornflake tart over to yours this afternoon if you’re in :blush:

4 Likes

morning.

made a comprehensive to-do list and look forward to doing nothing on it and feeling bad later

x

Morning.

I got asked for ID when trying to but some horror movies in HMV yesterday. Of course I didn’t have any on me.

Tempted to go back today just to prove that I am actually 43.

Gig tonight. First in ages.

2 Likes

Did they let you have the films?

No they did not.

Anger… Rising.

1 Like

You’ll be alright for Fenino I hope?

(GWS Eps!)

1 Like

Dunno!

Going straight to bed after work to try to heal up.

I’m too early to pick up my glasses so I’m going to have the coconut and rhubarb porridge at PKB :drooling_face:

Pain last night was unreal. Being left alone for almost all of today because of a funeral so will have to look after the puppy alone. Really scared to be honest - she’s good most of the time but can be a handful and she keeps tried to chew my drains. She might just have to cope with being crated for a few hours - not ideal but isn’t likely to do any irreparable damage.

Won’t lie, this recovery is a rougher deal than I expected. But short term pain etc

I’m sorry you’re struggling today. Wish I was closer so I could help out.

5 Likes

Thanks and @AdrianWebb

She just had a bit of a jumpy bitey phase but I just held my drains out of her reach and ignored her until she got bored. Fortunately she doesn’t really pull on the lead yet (she doesn’t really understand the concept) so I can take her out to do her business without too much trouble.

Just need to brace myself for surprise attacks. Can’t quite remember why I thought this arrangement would work out, but it is what it is now, so just need to find a way through. Another five weeks and everything should be completely back to normal.

5 Likes

Big John roasting Charlie on BBC :smiley: