Friday the 78th of January thread

Hi doctor Matt

8 Likes

Load of meetings on the day of a deadline - standard.

Was going to squeeze in a quick swim at lunch but it’s highly unlikely once I’ve walked up there that I’ll have time. Bah.

Tour this weekend, usual dread is creeping in.

Morning all!

I haven’t had breakfast yet so I’ll be eating emergency porridge at my desk.

I have not slept well at all these last two nights.

It’s Burns Night (can someone confirm I don’t need an apostrophe there?) so I’m making lamb and haggis kofte.

2 Likes

Moral Juggernaut is a monstrous banger :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I got a new gessy for Christmas and it’s like being wrapped in a huge soft blanket. I love it.

2 Likes

Morning
Woke up early from being cold after I sweated too much in bed from a hot water bottle.

Hoping I can finally go see my nephew today but have a feeling I may need to wait til tomorrow.

100% this. My bf hates my dressing gown and thinks I look like I should be shouting swear words out the window with a fag in my mouth whenever I wear it. Joke’s on him because I actually think that’s a strong look (and it’s cossyyy af).

4 Likes

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

So so tired. Off today. May sleep forever

25 Likes

Hello. Another for team tired here. I have a rash which is driving me fucking mental and making me feel incredibly unattractive so that’s good.

bring back the create an album cover game thread

7 Likes

Good morning to everyone on the best corner of the internet. Been a knackering week hasn’t it?

I have many meetings today but one of those meetings is a tour of some museums, which means it has the potential to crack my “top 5 meetings of all time” list.

@Twinkletoes new album out today. It’s proper good!

3 Likes

ride in was absolutely grim today. Also proved that having a front mudguard actually makes quite a bit of difference in these conditions. Look like I’ve just staggered off a cyclo-cross course.

Basically the only positive thing I can say about January is that at least it isn’t February :weary:

This is my last Friday (and last weekend) in London; up to Edinburgh next Wednesday, and then to Newcastle on the weekend. Feels weird. Looking forward to this all being over.

2 Likes

Another member of Team Tired reporting for duty. Bloody student party next door last night and toddler deciding that 5.30 is a good time to get up this morning. At least it’s Friday, thank god.

This would definitely be a welcome return.

I approve wholeheartedly of this.

1 Like

morning all

deployed my traditional Friday bacon roll, but today I got orange juice with it so I feel like I’ve been vaguely healthy. for me anyway.

2 people in the office so far including me. 24 desks. mostly just counting down the time til I can go home and play Resident Evil 2 tbqph

I just assumed everyone wore a dressing gown? I remember at uni, having this awful navy blue dressing gown that dated back to when I was 13 or 14 maybe (it was far too short as well). These days I’m rocking a multi-coloured striped one that I got from IKEA. It’s a bit less immodest.

1 Like

What it do! Taken the day off to do birthday things, just a relief to have a day off from the Jan trudge tbh :neutral_face:

Went to Jazz Cafe in Camden last night and had x amount of pints, feeling a tad ropey :grimacing:

17 Likes