Friday, the first of October, evening thread.

Alright? Had a long ol’ day/week but finished early today which was nice. Gonna have some pasta for tea, drink some beers and celebrate Mrs Dewdney’s book going on sale today. What you doing then?

6 Likes

Work til 7, then drinking until asleep.

7 Likes

HIIIIIII

Having zooms with my cousin later on :blush:

Will maybe shower and pretty myself up for it. Exciting. I am very unclean.

2 Likes

@rich-t - soleil from l’ermitage

5 Likes

alright

going down to see my parents this weekend, they want backup for the VILLAGE QUIZ (apparently that’s a thing, that’s nice)

2 Likes

My dad has moved a dining chair to the conservatory door and is sat with the dog on his lap watching the rain (it’s lashing down).

Peak dadding tbh.

8 Likes

UPDATE: he’s now outside emptying a bucket that filled up with water and fretting that the pond water is getting too high.

1 Like

Accidentally saw the first photo of my dad since about 2003. Didn’t really appreciate that insight into my future hairline.

Where you at? If you get a chance, try and get in here…

1 Like

Might get me some #sludgebeer actually

Might have a sulk I think.

2 Likes

On it - currently just in a tiny bar but that looks fucking great. Thank you man!

Had a very lazy work day but somehow got away with it without any scrutiny.

Just had a G&T and off to see a gig tonight which I’m pretty excited about.

Anyone got a good recommendation for where I can some good pre-gig food round kings cross later without too much queuing (not McDonalds but thanks)

Have a fun night all

1 Like

Evenin all

Got some chicken marinading in the fridge and going to make the garlic and lime balti again (for the 4th week in a row) in a bit. Currently got the dog lying on my lap having a snooze though and don’t want to disturb him, so dinner can wait.

Couple of beers in the fridge for later. Or maybe one tonight, one tomorrow.

1 Like

Evening all in-laws are here for the foreseeable future (whole thing with my Mam & Dad being on holiday, a due date and a toddler) so I’m going to stick my headphones in and continue watching The Sopranos.

1 Like

Hoppers

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: this looks great, cheers

1 Like

Friday!

Pizza
Wine
Nonsense telly, probably Ted Lasso
Sleep

Speaking of which Dolly tweeting Ted Lasso was my favourite thing this week. Worlds collided!

Also my class assembly spectacular was great today… @Funkhouser we had Bonnie Tyler.

5 Likes

What as in Bonnie Tyler was there? Or did you do a tribute act? Would prefer the second one.

Evening all!

I roasted some cauliflower and kale for tea and served with pitta, za’tar and mint yogurt. It is one of my favourite low effort meals.

Tonight we’re hopefully watching the Downey Jnr Doolittle.

1 Like