Friday thread feat. 2 good 2 bad

:+1: got a Pina colada waiting for me after work
:+1: had a really deep sleep which is the first for a while
:-1: waiting on urgent sign off from people who don’t often sign off quickly…
:-1: loads of washing up to do and my oven might be broken

1 Like

I slept pretty badly and woke up with a painful shoulder.

But both rescue kittens seemed quite relaxed this morning, the were both purring and accepted a stroke, which is progress.

This morning I need to head to the office for a couple of hours (they won’t be alone). But I’m off this afternoon for more bonding.

24 Likes

Got offered the chance to buy the company I work for for a pound yesterday. £40k debt. Yeah think I’ll pass, thanks.

3 Likes

:+1:First Jab today.
:+1: Our new garden fences were finished yesterday and the back garden looks better.

:-1: Lawn looks like a first world way battlefield l
:-1: I built in time for tram travel nonsense that never happened so am ridiculously early. And it’s cold for standing around.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Not that keen on my new phone after spending ages deciding what to get
:sunglasses: Making some big fuck off cookies after work

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Good friend isn’t doing well and isn’t responding to my messages
:sunglasses: Sending out a few DiS-related parcels today which is fun

2 Likes

:arrow_up: Going on a day trip tomorrow with some pals, looking forward to it even though the weather is going to be shite.
:arrow_up: I got my haircut by an actual barber last night for the first time in 18 months and it felt GOOD

:arrow_down: My ex is treating me like shit and its having a massive effect on my mental health
:arrow_down: The above is only increased by this relentlessly shit weather

1 Like

Pat Benatar’s early draft lyrics …

1 Like

:-1: feel pish
:-1: have barely done any work all week so need to churn through a lot of stuff today

:+1: Mass Effect
:+1: Mass Effect 2

1 Like

you could buy it and give yourself a payrise!!1

2 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: have a large pot of coffee, probably the highlight of my day
:heavy_minus_sign: got pure work fear, sitting waiting for an email i’m dreading

:heavy_plus_sign: it’s friday, probably eat pizza
:heavy_minus_sign: gonna piss down so pub plans are cancelled

what a shiter eh.

2 Likes

+Not got 2nd job tonight
-have to write boring test script stuff and loads of other work
+It’s nearly the weekend
-it’s raining all weekend

1 Like

Hey everyone

+gonna be a quiet day at work
+cat on my lap

-just accidentally sent this weird “sticker” of a unicorn and a kissy heart to someone on WhatsApp by accident. It’s not the 1st time I’ve done this (not to the same person though)

-my left calf is very stiff

4 Likes

:+1: finding others posts here that they haven’t done any work this week reassuring

:-1: still need to, you know, actually do some work

:+1: about to interview people all morning

:-1: :pizza: tonight and making vegetarian :sushi: tomorrow

2 Likes

Morning all,

:+1: Got my hair done at the hairdresser yday for the first time in 18 months & it’s given me a real confidence boost.
:+1: My local is having a gin festival this week. I’ve got a table booked for tonight after work for gin & food :slight_smile:

:-1: The weather is grey and drizzly and looks to be the same for the rest of the weekend here.
:-1: I was off work yesterday, so it’s going to be a hectic day of playing catch up, not ideal for a Friday.

3 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: It’s almost the weekend! Yes!
:heavy_minus_sign: Looks like it’ll be raining all the time. Really want to get out of the house, but :man_shrugging:.

:heavy_plus_sign: Somehow managed to spend very little money this month so feeling like I might get some kind of amazing meal to cheer myself up a bit
:heavy_minus_sign: Meant to be watching my weight so probably not

GRUMPS.

1 Like

Does your pizza and sushi suck then, Warny?

4 Likes

i regularly send angry teacup emojis and I never know what happened

1 Like

Coincidentally I accidently sent an emoji of a rhino instead of a sad face on whatsapp this morning…i don’t even know why the rhino is in my recently used. :confused:

1 Like

Maybe you had the horn?

2 Likes

It’s infuriating - I go to the emoji bit, scroll left to get up my frequently used and the purple unicorns are always there for no good reason - and if your thumb accidentally falls on one it gets sent straightaway :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes