Friday thread

Romantic candlelit burrito.

7 Likes

I know, I know, it’s serious.

3 Likes

This is a massage for you, Jukey

3 Likes

Morning CCB, All, Happy Birthday, Tim,

I’ve spent some time thinking and have the following to say: I’ve felt a frustrating level of very empty all week. I think some of it has to do with the program at work hour-glassing for 3 mins every time I edit a formula, when it should work in seconds, meaning I have to keep thoughts in my head for longer than usual so I’ve constantly felt on edge waiting. It’s left me feeling devoid of anything to say, which given how I can normally labour even the simplest thoughts, making them utterly tiresome, has further drained me and exacerbated the emptiness. I’m at a very specific level of can’t be bothered, where last night, I chose sriracha as the condiment for my meal of battered fish with steamed veg. My wife has a friend coming this weekend, so hopefully we’ll do some walking and sitting in pubs and hopefully see some other friends, which should help.

I had a bit of a cry last night and as I blew my nose, it bled. Crying can actually prove quite distracting, which I guess is why it famously ranks highly on the cathartic scale, whichever scale that is. However, my distraction caused me to miss the drip of blood sinking into my work shirt. As anyone who’s been found with a bloody garment and subsequently been convicted of murder on a TV show will tell you, there’s no getting blood out of a work shirt, once it’s sunk in. Good job I wanted to get some new work shirts, I guess, although I had wanted to donate my current ones. They’re perfectly fine, otherwise, they just don’t fit me.

How often have you, in full knowledge that you were sat on a regular every day sofa, put your hands down the back while sat in it, hoping you might happen upon a bed? Do you. I mean, do you. How often do you…?

On the plus side, American Football and La Dispute both have albums out today. Both bands have at one point put out albums that I’d give at least 9/10 to. The American Football album even has a couple of duets with two of my favourite singers or the singers from two of my favourite bands, or maybe both statements are correct. Anyway, while I’m writing this, I’m not paying enough attention to what ‘im from La Dispute has to say and he’s much better with words than I.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

3 Likes

:musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:And iiiiiiiiiiiii will always rub juuuuuuke :musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

4 Likes

Argh chemicals? That’s so bad. When you said shite I thought you meant actual literal manure shite.

1 Like

Crying is really underrated. I think we should all have at least a weekly cry to let things out and reset ourselves. I have found that progesterone makes it really hard for me to cry- I had a contraceptive implant for a while and it was awful- no mater how hard I tried I couldn’t quite cry.

Now all I have to do is think about Mamma Mia 2 (here we go again) and I need sent home from work to cry.
Edited to add I have never looked for a bed down the back of a sofa! But now you’ve got me thinking…

5 Likes

Yeah, that bit was slightly confusing, in a Narnia kind of way

1 Like

Happy Friday everybody, especially to @grievoustim! Happy birthday old bean- you’re a good soul and GBOL. Hope you have a fab day :kissing_heart:

I have a niggly sore back round about the middle lumbar vertebrae. Only really bad when I twist- I think I’ve done it while lying in bed breastfeeding my son, and instead of lifting him to the other side of me to change boob, I’ve twisted my torso to one side hard so that he can reach the further away boob.

So annoyed that I’ve done this to myself when I was making good progress at the gym. Going to wait and see if I feel up to spin at lunchtime.

I have WAY too many meetings today (in the office too- not even out for coffee or lunch, rubbish)- not good at all, what was I thinking doing this to my diary on a Friday?

1 Like

At luton airport. Good vibe - everyone excited to be leaving Luton.

3 Likes

I’ve not done it enough recently, I don’t think (the crying, not the bed hunting, I’m always doing that!). I’ve got absolute champion tear ducts, which I should probably get into the habit of rinsing out more frequently.

1 Like

I recognise that scene

You’re late

2 Likes

Sorry just having a slash.

Possibly literally liquid shite

1 Like

It was the only thing open in Cambridge before 7am. Oh, I think McD’s was open but their McMuffins repeat badly on me. their McMuffins repeat badly on me.

3 Likes

Yep, hence my …disappointment.

Ill unlock the portacabin

Happy birthday @grievoustim - hope you have a great one.

I’m sitting in a greasy spoon near King’s Cross, wondering why I stayed up until 1am. Got a meeting in one hour. Do not want.

2 Likes

I didn’t think you were at all, but I should know better than to make a blanket statement about a group of people…anyway!