Friday Thread

Morning DiS, quick coffee here at work, have a coolio Friday.

2 Likes

Morning @midnightpunk and DiS!

Night @midnightpunk and DiS!

4 Likes

Me with the coffee, you with the 7% cider! Presume that’s a post night shift treat and well deserved, sleep well buddy, hope all is cool.

1 Like

yeah, it’s definitely not breakfast I promise, just getting the weekend started early :wink: All good here, hope all’s well with you.

Ah yes, a Friday morning tune. Been rinsing this recently:

4 Likes

I feel like death warmed up :face_with_thermometer:

Unfortunately it’s my last day before leave and I have to get quite a few things sorted out before I can log off.

1 Like

Morning all. What a super sunny Friday.

Friend coming round after work and then it’s football time again. Plus with kids stuck at home, no lunches to make!

Have a coolio day indeed!

2 Likes

Whole family slept dreadfully in hotel. 6 year old woke up at about 3am and awake for hours! Wtf!
Now have to go to legoland in a few hours :expressionless::man_facepalming::scream:

2 Likes

Excellent! Hot tired grumpy children in queues. What’s not to enjoy :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I must just run away when we get through the gates and meet them at the end of the day

2 Likes

was woken up at 4 and then finally at 6 when the dog jumped on my head and wouldn’t move until i got out of bed. just been out for an hour’s walk and i don’t even start work for another 90 mins. guess i’ll make coffee and watch the wimbledon highlights.

:yawning_face:

1 Like

6 Likes

It’s a premier inn! Room actually smaller and worse than a travelodge.
What’s annoying is I am great on no sleep. Only need a few hours. It’s my cell mates that are gonna piss and whine about it!!

1 Like

We stayed in a Travelodge at the end of May, thinking it’d be quite nice to break the journey. After a couple of hours spent very quietly drinking gin in the bathroom, we woke both children getting into bed (“excuse me sir, but could you please reserve your ruffliest duvet covers for us?”)

And then at about midnight, someone comes into our room and wakes us all up! (The waking up was mainly because of me shouting “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING” as I woke). I was then freaked out that someone had been given a master key by mistake and so took ages to get back to sleep. We all woke at around 5.15am.

It transpired that when we’d booked in, the receptionist hadn’t updated our records on the computer - so it was the night porter coming in to shut the window and close the curtain.

The best thing is: they gave us a full refund for the cost of the hotel, so we get to do the whole thing again at some point between now and the beginning of December!! Yay!!

9 Likes

Using a leave day from work to do uni work, for which I have gone in to the uni I work at to do my uni work. Feels a bit like going to work.

Prepared for this by making a delicious sandwich for myself last night, which I never normally manage to do. I’ve left it sitting in the fridge haven’t I?

Haha. That would have completely freaked me out as well! Not sure my son would ever stay in a hotel again. We stay in a travelodge near my mum’s house and it is basic but the room is massive, this one is just like a normal double with 2 extra beds in it with the kids going wild and I want my own cell.

1 Like

The fire alarm went off at around 4am at a Travelodge the TV and I stayed at once. We both woke up literally screaming. Loudest thing I’ve ever heard. Thought we were actually going to die there and then. Brekkie was not at all bad though.

2 Likes

I’ve been to a rocket launch at NASA by the way

2 Likes

All your posts live up to your username :grinning:

I am up and a bit knacked. Eating some cocopops. Going to Safari Park later but absolutely raging with bairn 1 who keeps shouting out during the night for next to no reason no matter what we threaten him with. He’s still snoozing as we speak.

1 Like

So have I! (But we parked up at Port Canaveral).

1 Like

Got up early for an 8am meeting that has been cancelled :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: