Friday!

Came in to a mountain of emails!!

Emergency hair cut after work :barber:

Have a nice day everyone!

Are you going to see them tomorrow night at the Forum?

Not too fussed about seeing the Fall live again, but Future Of The Left, Hookworms Goat Girl and Tigercub is an amazing line-up.

Is this for the all-dayer? I’m not going but the line up is insane for the price.

Yeah. I don’t know why they’ve called it an all-dayer though - the first band aren’t on until 4.45.

All-eveninger!

I think I’m spending all my energy on resisting whining about the cold. But then I’m whining about not being able to allow myself to whine about it. Basically it’s fecking cold.

Going to a gig tonight. It’s a one man grindcore violin act that’s playing in an empty house with no heating! and it’s bring your own booze. Should be a good one!

Today’s already great because yesterday I bought six cans of deodorant on amazon prime. 6 cans, 12 quid, delivered in less than 24 hours. The world’s not so bad.

1 Like

Right I just bought tickets to see girl band in Dublin in 3 weeks time, @Kallgeese you gonna be in Dublin that night?! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Day off today, going to visit my sister in Leipzig for the weekend. Edinburgh was nice and crisp this morning

On the train to Glasgow now for the flight. Listening to ‘Pod Save America’, it’s pretty good

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO WAY. My housemate is DJ-ing at that gig! Dublin DiS meet up!

1 Like

Just appreciating the phrase ‘shit-eating grin’ which I always enjoy.

1 Like

Amazing, DiS Irish meat
What’s that venue like?!

Me too, don’t use it enough.
Was watching cocktail the other night and it popped back into my head :slight_smile:

I don’t really understand the mechanics of it. I wouldn’t be grinning if I was eating shit.

1 Like

Me neither

Oxford Dictionary of Modern Slang. by John Ayto and John Simpson. Oxford Reference Online. Oxford University Press. subscription-based link

shit-eater noun coarse orig US

1. A contemptible or despicable person. 1937–.

2. A person or animal which eats faeces. 1968–. Hence shit-eating, adjective

3. shit-eating grin: (a) a broad grin expressing uncontrollable delight or (self-)satisfaction, esp. at having got away with something outrageous or improper. 1957–. (b) an ingratiating, embarrassed, or uncomfortable expression, esp. as exhibited by someone undergoing a humiliating experience; a forced smile. 1990–.

4. Contemptible, despicable. 1960–.

5. Of or engaging in the eating of faeces. 1970–.

So it seems to relate to being the grin of a shit-eater.

1 Like

Good work ssf

1 Like

you can fly glasgow leipzig direct?!

Nah to Berlin. Edinburgh times to Berlin didn’t suit.

On my way hone from a meeting and going to clean and do washing all day now I’ve got the flat back to myself.

Uni work tomorrow then a party, running a tour in Sunday and then Chinese New Year stuff in town afterwards.

that’s what I thought. How you doing the last bit?