Friday!

sold quite a bit of furniture on gumtree when we moved around 3 years ago, fully prepare yourself for:

• people to message you with ridiculously low offers

• people to show up and expect huge discounts for “paying in cash

• people to show up horrifically unprepared to move whatever it is they’re buying

we lived in a top floor flat with 6 flights of stairs, i sold a heavy wardrobe to a woman who turned up with only her and her son then asked me to help her move it down to the ground floor. I’d been up for about 36 hours and had a hangover from hell but stupidly agreed. almost rumphed about 3 times on the way down then the thundercunt didn’t even say thanks

2 Likes

Very sore and aching after doing DIY into the small hours and supposed to be climbing in the peaks tonight.

New house is due to get internet today though - and we’ve not even moved in yet. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah this is what I’m scared of (live on the second floor). So tempted to run off and leave the furniture in there.

just be clear to people you live on the second floor in the advert and don’t take any shite from anyone who turns up to buy it and you’ll be grand

1 Like

Morning. Just had a veggie sausage sandwich for a Friday treat. Got loads of marking to do. Planning to drink lots of coffee. Nothing else to report.

Yeah, me too. Was excellent.

1 Like

I did this once. Lost half my deposit.

What can I tell you - my snoring stinks.

3 Likes

Oh god, no more cocktails (the liquid kind) for me for a while :grimacing: Got the run of the house all weekend so gonna sit in my pants and read a lot, maybe play some Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Menace.

Gonna pick up a nice pizza and some beers from M&S at lunchtime :yum:

If you just want to get rid of it, a lot of charity shops will come and collect furniture. Or you could ask if the landlord wants it, when we moved out of our last place we left a washing machine there.

:heavy_check_mark: beers chilling in the fridge RIGHT NOW
:heavy_check_mark: cycled to work for the first time this year
:heavy_check_mark: someone will make me dinner tonight
:heavy_check_mark: get to see my favourite animal – a black and white pussy cat that adores me – tonight
:heavy_check_mark: IT’S FRIDAY
:heavy_check_mark: payday

:fire:

3 Likes

Yeah we gave away a few things to charity a while back and they came to collect them, could be an idea unless you want the £££?

1 Like

great day

If you have any furniture left by the time you have to move out, contact the British Heart Foundation. They’re happy to collect and take away anything unwanted, and then sell it in their charity shop (at least in London they do, don’t know about Oxford).

2 Likes

sending big hugs and good feelings your way man :slight_smile: :hugs:

(gardening can be fun though…I really enjoyed pulling up the weeds to the new Kozelek this week)

1 Like

might do the hoovering to some Stevie Wonder this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feeling surprisingly fresh despite all the drinks last night. :+1:

Pretty hungry, might go to the van for a bacon roll :thinking:

1 Like

Seeing this written down has made me realise how much I need one.

2 Likes

Going to a charity ladies lunch. Normally I’m all over this kind of shit (BGT “star” Edward Reid is the host, SQUEEE) but I’m not really feeling it today, and I’m solo parenting this eve so just going to have one or two wee glasses of fizz and then abstain this afternoon so that I’m not BOOZEMOM.

Going to wedding in edinburgh tomorrow and the wee man is having his first ever sleepover with my folks! Quite exciting.

2 Likes

Yeah this might be the way I go, would rather the charity get something from it than me having to haggle a stupidly low price with a random.

1 Like