Friday 🌫

Morning all!

:heavy_check_mark: Friday is my planning day and I have done most of my marking and planning for next week.
:heavy_check_mark: I’ll probably be having a coffee and a cake this morning as a treat.
:heavy_multiplication_x: Slept really badly and don’t feel like I’ve fully recovered.
:heavy_multiplication_x: My house has been fully of slowly drying laundry for about four days.

:white_check_mark: I’m going to cook pork rib ragu for tea.
:white_check_mark: Had a nice tootle on me bike this morning.
:negative_squared_cross_mark: I’ve bust the zip on my ONE remaining pair of ok jeans because for some reason I thought I was wearing a button fly when I got ready for bed last night and ripped them open like superman.
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Transition to plant based diet going very poorly on lockdown (see 1)

Morning everyone. Has a super shite yesterday.

Cw: elderly family, stroke, end of life

My Gran, who is in a home, was found yesterday after suffering a huge stroke. Sadly this is the end, she’s been sent back to her home to have end of life palliative care. Really awful. Obviously I can’t see her at present and maybe unable to at all, and I feel sad.

if feel. Hopeless and despondent

:white_check_mark: I’ve got a delivery arriving this morning from Montezumas chocolate
:white_check_mark: Jimbo slept until gone 7 this morning - the latest he’s slept in since the clocks changed
:negative_squared_cross_mark: I’ve got my appraisal this morning
:negative_squared_cross_mark: The cats managed to put their claws right through my new jumper. Oh well, it’s not like I’m going to be going anywhere wearing it :grimacing:

1 Like

:white_check_mark: Missus is at here mums for the weekend so plenty of football, gaming and pointless drinking
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Missus is at her mums for the weekend so i’ll get bored of football gaming and pointless drinking and be bored and lonely

4 Likes

Im sorry :heartpulse:

15 Likes

Not even 9.30 and I’ve already had to step in to stop my American boss from doing something very unethical, so that’s good.

1 Like

Unethical or illegal?

Just unethical so far but the day is young

:white_check_mark: had a v good sleep
:white_check_mark: It’s Friday!!!

:negative_squared_cross_mark: Work
:negative_squared_cross_mark: Have to run today as I’ve barely exercised this week and STRONG CBA

1 Like

There’s no room for ethics in the cut throat world of checks notes …oh fair enough

1 Like

Specifically one mountain. Really good book that.

1 Like

None of my US colleagues seem capable of ethical decision making processes, they just decide whether or not they want to do something then work backwards from there to justify it. Legal have started using barely anonymised examples of their behaviour in our ethics training :smiley:

Oh man, thoughts are with you

2 Likes

What’s it like for 2nd hand hifi there?
I’ve always found vintage/second hand is the way to go - some of it lasts forever and there’s bargains to be had

2nd hand hifi is decent in stockholm but apart from the odd bargain is mainly overpriced

it has always been a consideration though & I might go 2nd hand for a really good amp but there’s just so much new technology that you can’t get 2nd hand - like really good streaming receivers that integrate with apps and amps that can wirelessly power multi-room speaker systems

plus I don’t really want the system to look like a job lot

hence to pull towards making an investment

Oh yeah, for ‘modern’ internet enabled stuff new is the way to go. Don’t think I’d ever buy a brand new amp/turntable again though!

Well, if money were no object

1 Like

Isn’t this mug great?

10 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: Part of my Friday routine now is watching Taskmaster at lunch while eating soup so that
:heavy_plus_sign: It is Bandcamp Friday and someone had already bought my album when I woke up
:heavy_minus_sign: Don’t really know what I feel like doing at the moment, which is often a bad sign for the rest of the day
:heavy_minus_sign: Very general flourishing dread / vague negative feeling rattling about

2 Likes