FRIDAY'S AWAY good n bad

MrS is currently driving back from work, 15 minutes away. I should be there at 9, half hour away.

Going to have to ring and sound like a complete idiot before I even start…

:woman_facepalming: I’m sure they’ll understand.

Good: should be finishing off some production work today so we have something cool to show at a project meeting next week.

Bad: had about 4 hours sleep for the third night in a row because my son keeps coming into our bed and tossing and turning all night :tired_face:

My daughter had me up five times last night. At 4am she asked me to “snuggle her”, which always means her falling asleep in her single bed whilts I toss and turn 'til waking. I’m sleepy too.

Someone wearing exactly the same clothes as me (identical coat, jeans, and shoes) is stood next to me on the tram. Wtf.

Might ask for a selfie for the Friday selfie thread.

10 Likes

Law of averages means you’ll nail the interview now, surely?

1 Like

Sleepy here as well. I’ve been getting up before the TV at six for the last few mornings to make her coffee and act as her human alarm clock. Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow.

Oh man, I remember so many nights having to sleep perched right on the edge of a single bed. My son just wanders into our room in the middle of the night now and gets himself into our bed. Sometimes don’t realise until the morning.

My wife is terrified of our daughter doing this and her waking up with a child just standing on the edge of the bed staring at us. She has been conditioned by endless horror movies. :smiley:

3 Likes

GOOD:

Everybody’s looking forward to the weekend, my friend is by my right, we got this.

BAD:

Gotta get down to the bus stop, everybody’s rushing, can’t decide which seat to take.

3 Likes

Good…Getting our new car delivered today so WFH. I’ll also be making a banana bread.

Bad…extreme period pains and general cba with making small chit chat with the man who is going to deliver the car and WHEN is he coming

I won’t be having pizza tonight. I think I’m going to make this pasta:

1 Like

Good - I have time to get a load of resources created and unit assessments completed before the exams start.
Also good - sunny (see Fig A)

A

Bad - the students who most need to complete the assessments are unlikely to all attend.

• this building gets far too warm in the sun.

I tried to train my bf to do this but he just says i’m being unrealistic. So what if I want you to preempt when i’m going to wake up and have my tea by my bedside at perfect drinking temperature when I do! Is it too much to ask?!

3 Likes

Good: finishing at 4 today for a colleagues leaving do. Should be a good laugh tonight

Bad: general day of nonsense at work

Must have been the night for it @escutcheon and @imipolex - Jimbo was up for milk multiple times in the night, in our bed from about 2.30, then decided it was time to get up at 5am. I feel like I’ve done a whole day already. Zzzzzz.

Morning all

Good : it’s Friday, and it’s only been a two day week. Suited and booted today because I’m helping a colleague with an interview later

Bad : This miserable weather, plus only getting three or four hours sleep

I don’t mind doing it at all actually! Gives me twenty minutes to have a cup of tea and listen to a bit of a podcast before she wakes up. Seems like your BF doesn’t know how to handle mornings

GOOD: got the day off so gonna haircut and shop for bike bits in readiness for etape Loch Ness… any bike wankers heading to Inverness this weekend? Soooo excited as some ATDs are coming all the way from Penzance for the ride.

BAD: red wine head after getting carried away last night. Lingering stress from ongoing big project at work. The two are most likely related.

Good: Wearing a summery t-shirt today
Bad: The weather isn’t very summery

Also Good: Band of Brothers, beer and take-away tonight
Bad: That’s still 10 hours away

not doing it myself but a few pals are. always fancied it, meant to be a good event

1 Like