Fried-Day Night - chat mandatory, bangers encouraged

it’s just been you and katona for twenty years now

1 Like

One of yer low-key Britpop era bands who are still touring. Gomez maybe.

1 Like

Back in the day you’d be able to see a thread on here like ‘salman rushdie stabbed’ or whatever but now you have to search through rolling threads to find the most applicable title for which it might fall under

Whoever came up with ‘rolling threads’ should be shot

And God Bless!!! She was always my favourite, solidified as I get older due to her saying on celebs go dating “someone to make me whole again? Nah, I’m looking to get me hole again weeeeyyyyy” and also the way the other women VICIOUSLY shaded her for doing onlyfans

1 Like

:grinning:

3 Likes

Sad about Anne Heche. I thought she was quite iconic

She really does. I’ve stuck Future Nostalgia on to prove my point to myself.

1 Like

day off today, builders are still round so i got out of the house all day.

went to the park to read for a bit, went to the uni to use the nice toilets and went to the art gallery upstairs which currently has an exhibition of mental health related comics. went to the cinema to get out of the heat for a bit, went to a new ‘street food’ market sort of place - got a nice bagel, a blueberry meringue and a gelato cone and a nice pint. quick wander round town, then the bus back to the park. little walk along the river and then back to the house. bought 2 ice lollies on the way home. overdoing it on sugar.

house is v warm, especially as there’s an industrial dehumidifier in the kitchen to dry out the dug up floor and pipework, so it’s noisy and roasting in there. kitchen door doesn’t close properly so hard to shut the noise out completely.

new bathroom is almost done though i think? new toilet and sink plumbed in, tiling done. shower still isn’t finished though. bath seems to be plumbed in but i’m afraid to get in it as i’m not sure it’s definitely finished.

off work all next week. might have to sneak in to use the office showers and then fuck off again.

1 Like
3 Likes

I reckon I could have pulled off being one of Daft Punk under one of those masks IF THEY HADN’T GONE AND SPLIT UP!

1 Like

One of the best shows I’ve been to was foals with metronomy supporting in 2007.

Wish I could find the original version of Red Sox Pugie to post here but seems to have completely disappeared.

Foals really fucked it didn’t they. Remember them signing to transgressive and watching them become really shit in slow motion.

2 Likes

Had a great day, saw dolphins, seals and porpoises.

Drank some nice cider.

Now back at hotel with some big pints of San Miguel and watch Bridesmaids

15 Likes

Genuinely prefer acrid heat to humidity. Give me a 30 degree midnight if it’s clear out.

2 Likes

Rolling “Salman Rushdie has been stabbed” thread

2 Likes

sometimes I put the cart before the horse but it’s only to see if the horse wants a ride

Innit. Braved going to the shop at 9 for a liptons ice tea and a packet of mini cheddars (living the dream babes hbu) and got to the end of my road and the air was so THICK I wanted to throw myself down on the floor and beg for the sweet relief of either death or a home with air con. And given the current economic climate, the former is much more likely.

Was so distraught I couldn’t even perv on the lads in shorts walking past me. Defeated. I’ve finally been defeated.

1 Like

You know when there’s music going on somewhere nearby but you’re in your house and you can only hear vague bass and then work around that and create a song that absolutely slaps in your head:

• I do this
  • I don’t do this

0 voters