Friends and Netflix

yeah it’s weird. sheep

actually no sheep isn’t fair cos it was a poll wasn’t it?

honestly can’t tell if people on the internet just pretend to watch this to wind other people like me up or if they do genuinely watch it

Genuinely just think that whatever’s popular is whatever we’re told is, that especially with streaming services it’s just ensuring a constant stream of new customers as potential commercial targets and less about individual ratings or like, actual cultural significance. Don’t think yer essentially online led shows scratch the surface of any old tosh they sick up on the beeb in terms of sheer numbers.

Bleak

16 Likes

this is fantastic

1 Like

Not trying to wind you up, I watched it when it was originally on but haven’t watched an episode in years. Get annoyed though when people on here can’t accept that other people might actually enjoy something just because they don’t. Lot of snobbery going on in this thread.

3 Likes

Friends was great for 4 seasons. Genuinely funny. After that, pretty shit, and some characters (Ross, Joey, Monica) became completely unwatchable.

I’d watch some of the classic episodes again, but only if I stumbled across them on telly. Doubt I’d actively watch it on Netflix.

Saying it was just shit is standard DiS ridiculousness. It’s aged much worse than The Simpsons though, and whilst that also became unwatchable, it churned out much funnier and a lot more classic content before that happened.

Oh, and the people who think it was the greatest show ever and go to ‘Friends fest’ or whatever it’s called are absolutely insane.

Tl;Dr - Friends was alright, DiS is starting to do my tree in again.

11 Likes

nah sorry my opinion is the correct one

1 Like

I think people love it in the same way people love Nando’s. Yet to find anyone who can give me a decent reason why they love either so much.

Like they’re both totally alright but that’s it and there’s loads better options out there.

1 Like

Agree that there are a few seasons of serviceable background telly in there tbh.

As with most things in life, it’s fine. Never been a fan, but easy to avoid if you don’t like it.

it’s no seinfeld eh

3 Likes

Which luckily we do. Baffles me whenever someone suggests going nandos, pizza express etc. In Sheffield. Obviously a sensible if somewhat boring option in London and smaller towns

1 Like

could have horsed up the early seasons of ER - now there’s a show that’s really been undervalued/neglected/misunderstood due to its drawn-out decline.

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that Friends is shit but it’ll do if there’s nothing else on. At least it’s not How I Met Your Mother or Big Bang Theory ffs.

1 Like

It is weird seeing a season 1 episode of Friends and Joey knows what The Unbearable Lightness of Being was. By the end of the show he’d struggle to spell ‘The’.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s generally watchable without wanting to punch things which is far more than can be said about the other 2

Can they get Frasier on Netflix next. Though happy for them to skip everything after Daphne finds out Niles likes her and just jump to the final episode.

1 Like

Have to change the channel if either of those two are on, but can just about bear to watch Friends in a mindless stupor without any effort.