FriMorn08.03.2019

8:31am : open email to be presented with yet another cavalcade of “sorry, but the landlord will not allow pets at this property” emails from letting agents.

8:35am : buy a couple of mango and papaya scones from the parliament canteen.

FUCK YOU, LETTING AGENTS. I HAVE AN EXOTIC SCONE, YOU WILL NOT BREAK ME THIS MORNING.

1 Like

9:01am : realise I’ve still not got to grips with recognising that there’s two reply buttons on each thread.

Sorry, @sarahispi :smiley:

2 Likes

Did you have a day off in the end yesterday?

Woke up late this morning, feel suddenly wecked. Only had time for a quick bagel and half an episode of frasier. In dire need of coffee. Going out for many beers with work tonight. Could get messy.

1 Like

:neutral_face: proper busman’s day off that! Hope you feel better soon matey, take it easy over the weekend.

Ah man, C4 have changed the their scheduling and now ELR is on after Fraiser instead of before. That’s rubbish

2 Likes

gws fl! :hugs:

1 Like

Half day and getting the train down to facking Landan, aren’t I?

3 Likes

probably not for once tbh, trying to go eeeeasy on the drinks this weekend

1 Like

Work, then supporting worriedaboutsatan this evening in Leeds :grinning: Proper excited

11 Likes

Got my annual appraisal later, so obviously it would have been an extremely foolish, self-sabotaging idea to come into work with a hangover today. And I’m obviously old and wise enough to know better.

:no_mouth:

7 Likes

sorry you haven’t got the money but i’m kinda glad this isn’t over yet, i’m really invested in this saga and wasn’t quite ready for it to finish

4 Likes

There will be a prize* for correct guesses of who it was and who is good from long-range

*there won’t be a prize

somebody is buying me a coffee this morning :sunglasses:

3 Likes

so can’t be arsed

1 Like

Morning all!

I don’t teach classes on Friday any more but I’ve got 13 exams (all consisting of two parts) to mark before I start planning next week.

How many before lunch?

0 voters

Got a baby sitter booked tonight so I can take Wor Lass out for birthday chicken wings. She is an International Woman so well done her.

1 Like

Morning all!

Not quite in weekend mode yet, because I have to come to work tomorrow morning, although I did have pizza for dinner last night (desperation takeaway after Jimbo’s worst bedtime for months), so maybe that was my Friday :man_shrugging:

Celebrating IWD by wearing a Bjork tee shirt, putting up that blog post / interview thing (see the IWD thread), and going to see Our Girl live tonight.

Sore throat woke up up at 5am, feel rough and cannot talk properly. Got a bad cough trying to escape all the time :frowning: So full of ill.

Luckily only on a half day, roll on half 12.

1 Like

the wings in st luke’s are fucking incredible if you haven’t tried them yet

Working the late today, as I do most Fridays. Got some sweet expenses to pick up later though.