Front doors, talk to me about front doors (front door thread)

FFS. As if it takes that long to build a door and fit it.

Had to wait an hour for a pizza delivery the other day too. This country’s going to the dogs.

1 Like

That would be ace - I’ll PM my email

:+1:

Maybe this guy still has some spare

4 Likes

Yeah, those composite doors are beasts. I saw the damage the fire brigade had to do to one of those last week because they had to force entry to extinguish a fire. Took them ages and they ended up having to destroy the door frame and surrounding cement and stonework to get in.

Acceptance 3 does make a good point sadders. If you get an balsa wood one, then it’ll be a lot easier for the fire brigade to smash in without damaging the surrounding wall if need be, might be worth considering.

Still, it’s pretty burglar proof.

I guess it depends what’s more likely in your household - fires or robberies.

Going for corrugated cardboard - that will burn down pretty quickly if there’s a fire, so the firefighters can come straight in and rescue us.

3 Likes

Well what I’m saying is obviously just keep everything inside the house really wet and he’ll be fine

3 Likes

Garage door… We had a internal door put in from the garage to the rest of the house last year, so if you were a masochist you could go in that way.

way ahead of you! :ocean:

1 Like

Number one cause of death from people with internal doors leading in from their garage: Murder by someone using that door to get into the house.

1 Like

It’s fine. I’ve got an ice-knife freezer in every room, so I’m well prepared.

1 Like

£1,300 for a front door?! My word. Ours cost £225.

I’m a bit sad I lost touch with him

2 Likes

I went to a fete and one of the prizes was to win a front door.

Outside flat door then inside flat door.

TWO DOORS

Two doors back to back, or with a little gap in between where you can put things like muddy boots?

Sounds like a fete worse than death

Outside door, flight of stairs, then my door.