Fry-day Thread

It’s quite cool today which is nice. Warming our house tomorrow so need to find some good veggie and vegan snack recipes, go shop and potter about prepping while having a couple of beers this evening.

So much looking forward to not having to spend 8 hours getting to a resort. 40 min drive and straight into the pool!
Re costs: it’s obviously cheaper during term-time. And for the amount of work my son actually did during his final couple of weeks, I’m seriously thinking about going a week or two earlier next year…

Going on my first ever stag do today (going on my second in 3 weeks).

Going to Whitstable, we’ve booked a nice Airbnb on the seafront. Is going to be relatively civilised by the looks of it so we’re just gonna enjoy the weather and enjoy some decent food and drink for a couple of days. Gonna be fun!

3 Likes

Morning all. Just got out of the shower and I’m already sweating again.

Going to meet a recruitment agent today to help with my tedious job-search.

The job search is the tedious bit. I’m not looking for a tedious job.

3 Likes

NO! SCREW YOU!

or don’t. I’m ambivalent on the matter.

1 Like

My brother lives in Whitstable, and my mam just outside. It’s a great place - loads of lovely places to eat, and some very good pubs/bars (honourable mention for the Neptune, which is actually on the beach).

1 Like

That sounds ridiculously civilised. The sort of stag do I could get behind

2 Likes

Just been out with the dog. It’s hotter than ever here.

Later on I have to drive to Wokingham for a meeting. That’s all I’ve got.

So long as they’ve got a 3.5mm jack and aren’t Bluetooth ridiculous things you’re golden.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ahh I’m happy for you, enjoy eating all the cookies.

1 Like

The Wetherspoons in Whitstable is called The Peter Cushing.

7 Likes

Overpriced, quite good cookies are coming to Cambridge!

1 Like

Copying @ma0sm and going with shorts for work today. Honestly don’t care what anyone in the office thinks.

Unsettled stomach after a crap night’s sleep. May stop off for a McDonalds breakfast to see if that helps… Gonna be late anyway so may as well make the most of it :wink:

Regards
Czuk

(My phone added regards itself so I went with it.)

4 Likes

Morning all.

Accidentally got mullered after a fruitless attempt at putting up curtains last night. Fucking bay windows.

Just realised the canteen at work is closed for 2 MONTHS so my plans on a lifesaving breakfast roll have been cancelled. May well die.

Weekend will now involve not drinking. Dunno what else.

Hope you’re all well.

This is a normal headphone jack yes?

Sorry yes - same one you’ve used in your Walkman/discman/iPod/phone etc all your life.

1 Like

Great. The network is down. Can’t do anything.

PLEASE LET ME GET SENT HOME

This has really tickled me.

Sorry for your pain though.

3 Likes