Fuck BBC News

Don’t disagree with that and it’s valid criticism.

My issue is with those who are treating her as an advocate for DV, rather than as someone who cocked up and didn’t make a proper apology.

I do think that sometimes the ferocity of the criticism conditions the inadequacy of the response though. It just makes people over defensive and stops them from reflecting properly. When you are being vociferously accused of being something that you know that you aren’t it’s easy to shut down and not really consider what you actually did get wrong.

Above all I find it infuriating that she has become the focus of anger on this issue rather than Stanley fucking Johnson.

6 Likes
1 Like

Bit Private Eye that isn’t it?

Calling Davie ‘editor in chief’ is particularly ironic given that he’s not even a journalist, and never has been.

What’s interesting about this is that they don’t mention she’s a tory until the second paragraph and even then spell ‘conservative’ with a lower case ‘c’…

1 Like

“I find racism in any form abhorrent, I have therefore reported myself to the monitoring officer at both Hampshire County Council and New Forest District Council.”

You’ve got to say though, that’s a pretty funny sentence.

15 Likes

apparently she called him a ‘typical black hypocrite’ (CW: no strong language but still racist as fuck)

she then said she finds racism in any form abhorrent.

:melting_face:

1 Like

Nerves increasingly jangled with these big outfits, from the looks of it. Maybe an unspoken sense that you are even if indirectly, confronting the Tory machine, the foam mouthed headbangers who make up the Tory press and their base, in these situations.

Very excited for what I’m sure is going to be a constant drip feed of this stuff over the next few weeks

3 Likes

Pretty irresponsible of the Guardian to mainstream a crank conspiracy theory like this.

BBC (Newsnight) launch investigation/campaign to get women deported to Afghanistan…

4 Likes

Is this a bit?

Yes. Anyone who made the same observation in 2019 or earlier was dismissed as a conspiracy theorist or as niave by our brave journalists.

And on here tbf :grinning:

Imagine feeling proud of yourself for being part of this “investigation” :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

Like that boats wanker reporter…

2 Likes

Can’t even comprehend this sheer cruelty for the sake of cruelty.

9 Likes

I like trying to answer the questions and laughing at the weird contestants and I always support whoever is playing an Oxbridge college. Definitely one of my favourite programmes though.

Thinking that that the number of Oxbridge colleges they have on is a disgrace and enjoying the actual programme are not mutually incompatible.

6 Likes

I feel like an alien from another planet when I try to watch it

3 Likes

Most of the time it’s the contestants that seem like no human being you’ve ever met.

Still the second best quiz on tv though (after Only Connect)

2 Likes