Fuck BBC News

You ARE Garry Bushell and I claim my ten pounds.

Watching BBC news makes my blood boil. Just makes me really angry because you expect better from them. I dont think news items really work in a tv format because there will always be an angle and bias by omission (or overrepresentation).

The news website often gets basic facts wrong. Some of the worst drug reporting about. One artical I read I reported because they mentioned that roflcopter (please the BBC no one calls mxe that), Ketimine, and MDMA as the same drug. It was baffling! This was corrected but they keep on making such mistakes that just creates more confusion. It also makes me question the quality of a lot of the journalism on the website.

But the good things are really rather good. Planet Earth and its spin off shows are some of the best programmes ever put to television!

They can afford to take more risks as it doesnt use an ad funding modal. BBC Scotland for instance have funded some of the most bizarre experimental sketch shows in the Limmy Show and the armando iannucci show. For the quality of shows I think only HBO is better.

Agree that the News website seems to have gone off recently, too much clickbate and not enough news. Plenty of other places you can get that, for a public service you’d expect better.

Genuinely think they can’t win with the bias thing, though. Talk to anyone on the right, and they’re convinced they’re a bunch of lefty pro-European republicans, whereas those on the left maintain they’re a load of Tory Brexiter royalists. If they’re pissing both sides off, it probably means their coverage is about right.

3 Likes

no no no, it means that one side is dangerously delusional

this is such good fucking FTFY posting. thoroughly liked.

And Scotland

Pffft.

1 Like

The BBC have cancelled Scotland?

Eh?

More like gave it enough rope with repeated SPL coverage

8 Likes

There’s a lot bad about the BBC, but then there’s also Robot Wars. So in that respect it’s somewhat balanced.

1 Like

Oh, they won with the bias thing. And the 3:2 ratio of statements favouring the Scottish Referendum No campaign over the Yes campaign doesn’t begin to tell the full story. Here’s a report about a study done on it.

Alternatively, here’s how BBC reporting has let us down regarding NHS coverage.

Cheers for explaining the joke pal

idgi

My talents are wasted here swear to fuck

1 Like

.:grin:.

As noted upthread, this has been demonstrated to be untrue though. I don’t want to get all ‘facts have a well known liberal bias’ but those on the right get upset at the BBC’s informative programming, those on the left get upset at the BBC’s news coverage and it’s attempts to provide ‘balance’ by giving a platform (and therefore amplifying and normalising) to those who genuinely do not know what they are talking about.

3 Likes

ugh :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

do you think anyone has ever asked george lamb to speak up? fucking shouty prick

1 Like

absolute travesty of an article tbh

Isn’t the question, “Does it feel like coming home?”