Fuck BBC News

That same “free speech union” he had to trick students into joining, and after they realised it was him and what he was like they all quit, so I think it might actually just be Toby.

It helps if daddy calls up Oxford and makes sure you get in with a bunch of C grades too

tbqh that’s probably not far off how my dad got into uni, so maybe I should start one of those groups.

Do you refuse to believe in the concept of friendship any more because no-one wanted to come to your stag party?

No, but I do have some tawdry, faintly 1930s-ish ideas about eugenics that I’d like to air. Do I qualify?

I’m sorry I think you might be Toaby, and we’ll have to find you a new home “on the farm” so you stop biting the children.

by “on the farm”, do you mean “somehow presenting a Radio 4 documentary about how misunderstood the Mitfords were”?

You will find out, if you just go off with the nice man who looks suspiciously similar to the vet.

1 Like

The Mash Report wasn’t as good as the Daily Mash, because it took a funnyish idea and dragged it out. And in fact some of the Daily Mash articles were actually best as just headlines, as the joke was pretty much contained in there and didn’t need much else.

6 Likes

Yeah I usually avoid reading the full story because it usually labours/ruins the joke that the headline captured succinctly

The Onion is a lot better at making the articles worth reading but also at knowing which ones are best left as headlines only

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1370846515032375300?s=21

Fucking hell

6 Likes

They’ve deleted this now

Almost makes it worse that they can just erase it with no explanation, accountability or apology

2 Likes

More delightful Rajan content.

The chairman of GB News, which launches later this year, tells Amol Rajan about editing The Sunday Times, launching Sky TV and publishing The Spectator.

BBC reporter just referred to ‘armchair police experts’ who don’t realise that policing a vigil is more complicated than we could ever understand

Isn’t that just a quote from Cressida Dick though?

Seems to be. Repetition by the BBC confers credibility to the self-serving phrase coming from a position of privilege though innit (especially when, as has been proved this exchange, the context isn’t always entirely obvious). :neutral_face:

Met Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick has dismissed calls to resign and defended the force’s actions.

She said she was “more determined” to lead the Met, and hit out at “armchair” critics.

Source:

He kinda elaborated on it, felt like he was parroting the line rather than presenting it as this is what Cressida Dick said

RIP Rob Burley who died today after leopards ate his face.

1 Like
1 Like

I reckon if I got a commiserations message from that bunch I’d probably just go and lose myself in the forest forever

3 Likes