Fuck BBC News

Intonation is a bitch.

It’s a poorly worded question absolutely, and she probably needs to think about her interviewing technique a bit, but “and put Jeremy Corbyn in power” sounds to me like it’s another clause.

you’re going to fail the country on Brexit, and the consequence for you is Jeremy Corbyn will end up in power.

1 Like

Yup - I just watched the section leading up to the question and provides some background to the point she was making to Grieve - and included the other two on the panel.

The point I was making is that I’m all for pointing out and exposing bias but if you’re going to do that, don’t use such a blinkered and fallible methodology. Do it objectively. You could frame a single 10 second sounbite in any number of ways simply by removing the context its framed within.

The BBC isn’t perfect, at all, but this example is bullshit in my view. Perhaps poorly worded as @anon76851889 points out, but the actual question was rather different to the one the ha’penny bit on Twitter was accusing Maitlis of asking.

6 Likes

Are you suggesting that people are biased when it comes to judging and/or presenting the BBC’s bias?

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Seriously?! Fuck the BBC. Xmess is ruined! :wink:

3 Likes

Enjoyed on Today this morning when the only guest they had to talk about Brexit plan was some guy named Tim who was friends with some Tory ministers.

Weatherspoons man?

???

4 Likes

:wink:

14 Likes

Yeah, I mean, Brexit isn’t popular, but it’s actually Corbyn’s fault.

1 Like

Why is this the angle. Anti SNP?

why isn’t it First Minister ignores a fucking twat?

At the time of posting this is the TOP story on BBC Scotland.

5 Likes

BBC Children in Need tonight. Assuming they’ll have Myra Hindley on for ‘balance’.

19 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

oh my

1 Like

If this is too far, please please delete the shit out of it @mods

—THREAD NOW REACHING TERMINAL VELOCITY—

4 Likes

Doctor Who on tomorrow night. Assuming they’ll have the humanoid embodiment of entropy on for ‘balance’.

7 Likes

No less than you’d expect from a cunt who’s friends with Orban. Imagine paying a license fee knowing that it paid this racist fuck’s massive wages.

Thing is, whilst I don’t particularly like Neil that much, I can’t see what the difference between this and, say, Gary Lineker posting a load of Liberal stuff on his timeline.

Whilst Neil is much more Conservative and therefore less palatable to folk like us, there is, objectively, little difference.

3 Likes