Fuck BBC News

They didn’t want to hire me so yeah tbh

(Lol jk would I actually have been happy as a journalist? Doubt it)

Phil Neville
Danny Murphy
Alan Shearer

1 Like

Would sort of miss the looks of obvious contempt Wareing and Torode shoot him every time he opens his fucking idiot gob, in a way

1 Like

Lamacq
Wallace
Robinson

1 Like

ken doherty
charlie from casualty
nigel slater

2 Likes

oh wait, is nick “grimmy” grimshaw still on the bbc gravy train? swap him for slater

well it’s day to day news coverage is kind of piss poor but some of the longer form newsnight pieces are pretty good. they’ve issued a few mea culpas about syria and libya, for instance, which are sadly too late but at least show a willingness to sometimes step outside west-ordained talking points. it’s kind of inherantly biased in favour of power but wcyd. question time is now a toilet into which any crank with time to spare on a thursday night can piss with merry abandon, and the way it continually elevates farage and softballs tory crimes will be a stain on its reputation for years to come.

however it also has a lot of good points outside of its news coverage - documentaries, its natural history and science programming, cool free shit on iplayer, the snooker, adam curtis, louis theroux, and of course attenborough.

mixed bag is the beeb, but its highs are truly glorious.

3 Likes

Ah shit, forgot about Lamacq Who Used To Write For The New Musical Express

did you know that he used to write for the NME?

2 Likes

like, regardless of what you think of adam curtis, what other broadcaster would give someone 30 grand to make a four hour documentary about the fall of the global order soundtracked by burial and russian punk songs?

17 Likes

FTFY

4 Likes

What? Did he really? He must have some delightful anecdotes to share.

3 Likes

Help the BBC

6 Likes

Let them know it’s Christmas time.

2 Likes

Oh, I was going with an Adam Buxton reference but sure

3 Likes

ah yes of course

Nick Robinson is undeniably dreadful, he can’t hide the fact he’s a Tory fanboy however much he tries. And the Today programme is largely unlistenable.

However, I can’t agree that the BBC’s journalism is all terrible, they have some amazing broadcasters; Emily Maitlis and Eddie Mair are both brilliant for a start

2 Likes

Um did anyone actually watch the clip in the OP? Weird how no one ITT is talking about it. It’s insidous as fuck and just proves how the mainstream media in this country exists in this weird white privileged bubble. I’m really really angry about this. As good as Sadiq’s response was I’m not sure they should’ve broadcast the clip.

14 Likes

without the bbc I wouldn’t trust anyone to make good documentaries about the inland waterways

Waterway to have a good time

6 Likes