Fuck BBC News

Clicked on this link:

Got this article:

It’s not the first time this has happened recently. I think everyone’s just given up caring.

Lineker isn’t presenting politics shows though

11 Likes

This. If the BBC have the nerve to present cunts like tommy robinson as ‘balance’ they can fuck off having a flagship politics presenter publically flogging that openly fascist bullshit

3 Likes

lineker also isn’t pals with neonazis and giving after dinner speeches at weird nazi think tanks for $$$

10 Likes

there could definitely be a rule of thumb (i’m going with Linekar’s law) that says those in the media who are meant to hold power to account don’t, those who aren’t meant to… well they at least try to in some ways, they’ll challenge the status quo gently on twitter

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/autumn-brexit-thread-the-yellowing/28745/3484?u=sheeldz

Not sure we can pin that on Aunty, tbf.

2 Likes

it’s amazing how she dribbles on for so long without actually answering the question.

Her stuff about ‘providing an opportunity for views/groups/people to be challenged, rather than giving them a platform’ seems like total bollocks from where I’m sitting. Surely they’re the same thing?

Especially as I have never seen anyone from TPA, or IEA etc questioned about their funding or their lack of transparency.

2 Likes

Aye. I’m not particularly a Greer fan, but he makes that point clearly. And they completely slither out of addressing it.

• “I can’t comment on the specific.”
  • “I’m not asking about the specific, I’m asking about the general.”
  • “I don’t want to comment on that either.”
  • “OK. How about you, [other person]?”
  • “waffle waffle both sides waffle waffle balance waffle waffle”

:roll_eyes:

Er what?

https://twitter.com/antoniafrances/status/1068120540622319617

1 Like
1 Like

As someone says below is it not a bit odd that she’s dressed as a vicar and using a different name? All a bit unusual.

thread has lost me now

6 Likes

They’ve introduced too many plot threads imo. Shark thoroughly jumped.

3 Likes

wrong thread

That feels right out of The Thick of It doesn’t it? Ollie’s one lady focus group.

4 Likes