Fuck the BBC

“It was a joke”

No, it wasn’t.

I don’t think the BBC even know what kind of website they want to be any more.

bbc

It’s getting more and more full of clickbait drivel and less actual news. Think it’s pretty shocking really given it’s supposed to be a public service.

It’s weird, but I’m sure they can show this stuff gets more clicks which they can use to argue shows they’re fulfilling their remit of churning out popular bullshit.

Yeah, that’s probably true unfortunately, although I don’t think trying to emulate Mailonline should be their remit, really. Perhaps I’m just being snobbish, but I think the whole point of a public service news broadcaster is to report the news, especially stuff that’s considered too serious/boring/unsexy to get coverage elsewhere.

It’s the BBC News website. So it should have the news. And not just be an endless succession of skateboarding duck videos and uncritical soundbites.

Isn’t that the problem with news values, though? They have to publish what will drive circulation, so they can’t just focus on what they ‘should’ be publishing, but instead what resonates with their audience. I’m not saying they shouldn’t aim higher, but in a crowded marketplace they’re going to get massacred if they don’t run with the ‘Skateboarding Duck Has Changed Position On Brexit’ stuff. I mean, still fuck them for giving their airtime over to right-wing demagogues and so on, but it is driven by what the public wants, and we all know how that ends up.

Not particularly ‘fuck the bbc’ and I didn’t bother reading the rest of this but this is a weird thing to write?

Also weird.

Now I’ve got the end of ‘Suffragette City’ stuck in my head, but with Bowie singing “aaaah horse-death suffragette!” instead of “wham bam thank you ma’am!”

GTFO with your Brexity trash.

Yours exasperatedly,

Wza

An ex-grammar school boy with no hankering after their furtherance, wondering why the hell the BBC is repeatedly spending money on this Tory/UKIP malarkey.

Not forgetting this…

…which was basically Grammar boy Andrew Neil’s love letter to selective schools.

Young blonde lady cleans her house sometimes, has Instagram account.

Fuck, chores are fun! Maybe I should make an Instagram for my own adventures in laundry, dishes and hoovering. Okay, I’m a balding, out-of-shape, 30-something male, but maybe I too could be in the news.

this is roughly 99% of people who are in the news

Bit young

I was taking the piss - aimed at the lecherous nature of the even older men who set the news values. However, I take the point that it did not read like that. Plus I’d like to point out that I like chores.

State of this headline… Bad in and of itself, but worse when you read he was one of three people to fail drugs tests (the others presumably not wearing turbans)

They’re reporting this story, at least

but the framing of it in this paragraph is mind-boggling:

But after 2011, that rate of improvement has been slowing. It could be because it’s hard to keep on improving every year. It could be because of hard winters or difficult flu seasons. But we’re not sure about exactly what has caused this trend.

Don’t suppose you’d know how to formally complain about that?

Just googled it for you :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Need to bash through some work but will jump on it later