Fucked Up - Rolling Thread - 'One Day' out now!

Yes please!

1 Like

Pinged you…

Awesome , thank you!

First listen and it’s a good record, lots of pop and rock touch points and less punk and definitely less ambitious than dose your dreams. It’s stacked with strong tracks and some left field mid song tempo changes.

I think it will be a grower as well, some of the songs have potential to get lodged in your head.

1 Like

Awesome! Saw someone on Twitter say it had their favourite Fucked Up song ever (which is pretty massive all things considering) - is there an obvious song that fits the bill?

1 Like

Oh shit, this is out already? I really need to pay more attention.

Friday, I assume this is a pre-order that arrived early!

1 Like

Nothing jumps out from first listen but I have not really dug in yet… it is very ‘radio’ friendly though so suspect a few songs might have anthemn possibilities

2 Likes

The sweetest Fucked Up song yet? Love it

4 Likes

I mean it’s not very Fucked Up, but I do kinda like it. Is this indicative of the album as a whole? Very intrigued to hear it on Friday.

Apparently the only one without Damian on vocals so will be the outlier from what I’ve heard

1 Like

Quite Mouldy Bob to my ears on first listen, which is certainly no bad thing.

1 Like

Aye it’s Mike, apparently it’s a sequel of sorts to The One I Want Will Come For Me off Dose Your Dreams

Good songs, as you’d expect from a good band

1 Like

I’ll listen to it tomorrow, but this is the least excited I’ve been about a FU release.

The DCTL gig last year was super flat and I can’t recall listening to them since. Likewise this is the first time in memory I haven’t immediately grabbed tickets to their show.

Hope I can be reinvigorated, as I do bloody love them.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised, while it’s far from their best work (which is an insanely high bar to clear) there’s a nice straightforwardness to it of just simple, well written songs

2 Likes

one thing that really struck me when I interviewed Mike is that he described Glass Boys at being the point where the band were at their “least confident”, which I think about a lot. Basically this album returns to that style but with much more confidence.

3 Likes

They were described to me around Chemistry era as being the Who meets Husker Du :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Right, I’m going in.

2 Likes

Aye it’s weirdly uncanny how much Mike’s singing voice is like Bob Mould

3 Likes