fucking centrists, tho

an old uni friend just linked to some pure shite Cleese posted on Twitter as a way of dimissing everyone who wasn’t quite so measured as themselves with that pure delusional ‘political horseshoe’ sort of logic :face_vomiting:

this is a thread for critically tearing into centrists please join in thank u

So glad these people are around to be rational and calm things down and explain how the real world works.

EDIT : AND IN CASE YOU DIDN’T REALISE I WAS BEING SARCASTIC

Would be lovely if we never had to listen to anyone whose 20s coincided with the Blair years ever again.

Maybe we’ll eventually get there, like gradually phasing out the football pundits that played for Liverpool in the 80s.

5 Likes

couldn’t find the meme so i just recreated it

17 Likes

sort of people who proper wank on about the dunning kruger effect all the time without noticing the irony of doing so

1 Like

:frowning:

2 Likes

Love that we both share this dream

1 Like

just realised that probably describes a good half of all the sound people on here :grimacing: should’ve specified it to seemingly every dickhead with a newspaper column.

Nah dont worry - know exactly what you mean

Lots of white male comedians seem to lose any rationality when Blair gets mentioned, too.

2 Likes

remember an old manager at a previous job would get misty eyed whenever blair was mentioned, he even said once he was as good as it gets

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait, what…

which is the worst type

[poll type=regular public=true chartType=bar]

• those who actual believe their position leads to the best outcomes
  • those who would claim to prefer more progressive positions but just don’t think it is realistic
  • those who are completely ignorant of everything, and somehow think that gives them some kind of common-sense insight into issues they have no interest in or knowledge of
    and probably arent affected by[/poll]

0 voters

“The left wing and the right wing are on the same bird!”

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

yeah when I have been arguing with a friend recently one of his arguments was ‘i’m left wing myself’ even when demonstrating how similar his views are to right wing people, in his mind he must be like ‘left wing is the good side, I’m one of the good guys, therefore I am left wing’

2 Likes

oh, the third one

just the whole lack of awareness regarding that ‘common sense’ being the myopia of privilege rather than being at a saintly remove

4 Likes

yeah 1) they are just wrong but at least can make a case for it 2) I have some sympathy for the lesser of two evils thought 3) are just infuriating they don’t know anything and think they are the experts

FO, M

:wink:

1 Like

like… bitter pragmatists, the Keir Starmer type perhaps, seeing compromise as the only way - reluctant broad churchers rather than full Blairites? these ones are forgiveable as long as they don’t actually harbour any resentment for Corbz.

but then that’s probs a bit of a unicorn, isn’t it.

1 Like

it’s exceptionalism, isn’t it? ahh.

nice to have a hefty term like that to hit them with

I was gonna tie in hegemony but I was too tired to do that when responding to my Fb friend

guess it goes with the whole privileged myopia thing