Fucking hate James Bond

love radiohead’s cover of the bond theme

9 Likes

I don’t like Radiohead much either. if they ever did a cover of a Bond theme it’d be terrible I expect

1 Like

Big fan of the Alan Partridge radiohead scene

But yeah James bonds are all shit. Was ill and ended up watching the one with Dave ‘Batista’ Bautista a few years ago and it was painfully shite.

8 Likes

Kind of films BBC Breakfast presenters get excited about as though everyone else feels the same

6 Likes

Yeah me neither

1 Like

Not even the radiohead one? You might enjoy that one.

11 Likes

For a “superspy” James Bond is really bad at spying. Always thinks he’s being clever by telling everyone his real name. Baddies always find out which hotel he’s staying at and send someone round to beat him up in the toilet

5 Likes

How come?

The name’s Nine, TwentyNine

2 Likes

I have only seen one James Bond and I cannot remember which one. It was for someone I knew as a kid and didn’t actually like but our parents’ made us play together. I didn’t lie it because I was a sensitive kid who didn’t like films with shooting in them.

Have not seen a Bond film since but now I like films with silly violence in them.

Grandad in John Barry Orchestra, and later an account director for Danjq/Eon. He’s in a couple as an extra (mum and me too, separately). In Goldfinger, at Stoke Poges (where they play golf with Oddjob), that’s his car out front (not the DB5)

15 Likes

That’s well cool!

1 Like

Theres something really exciting about how he uses gadgets and goes sneaking around mysterious places if you’re a kid. As such between the ages of like 8-12 they seem the pinnacle of cinema.

Beyond that its a cry for help and a sign of severe arrested development, especially once you cotton on to all the sexism and flag shagging on top of the nonsense plots.

3 Likes

Used to enjoy it as a kid, mainly as a travel show

What’s the one with the guy who’s got… metal teeth? And he gets electrocuted through a door knob or something? Saw that on the telly when I was a nipper and have been nervous touching door knobs ever since. Can vividly picture his face.

1 Like

Pretty much textbook ur problematic fave aren’t they

1 Like

Jaws, who was so popular they put him in two films only in the second one he was kind of good and got put in a hilarious comedy plot where he runs off with an alpine girl (I think?)

2 Likes

No, it was definitely a man and not a shark

28 Likes

He had a side hustle it was a time of economic uncertainty

1 Like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AliveDecisiveDodo-size_restricted.gif

16 Likes