Fucking hell tomatoes are amazing!

Seriously recommend buying some tomatoes and putting them in things folks

20 Likes

They are, I’ve recently started making a salad of cubed up tomatoes and cucumber tossed with red wine vinegar and whatever leaves are in. Really good

9 Likes

I haven’t bought any for a year because I couldn’t be bothered and some always ended up going mouldy before I ate them but got some nice little cherry tomatoes this week and omg my sandwiches and dinners are now full of joy

4 Likes

I like roasting cherry tomatoes. Give that a go.

9 Likes

mmm. bit of balsamic and garlic maybe.

2 Likes

wish I could go on like a tv makeover show but just for people who don’t know shit about food and have somebody teach me how to enjoy good food

Has anyone ever bought tinned San Marzano tomatoes?

1 Like

I’ll tell you what’s great, picking up a tomato on a whim, that’s just a little bit too big to fit comfortably in your mouth and then just cramming it in.

3 Likes

Also tomato juice is great, and even better with vodka added.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d eat a tomato on it’s own

tomatoes are the lead guitar of flavours

1 Like

Me too, I eat like a child most of the time or sad* lazy meals like boiled egg on toast for lunch
*not sad, grateful for all I eat <3

1 Like

I make a tomato curry from Meera Sodha’s recipe book East. Reckon most people wouldn’t try a tomato curry cos tomatoes are the base for so many other curries, but honestly it’s fucking delicious.

2 Likes

this is advanced beyond my skillset but I bet it is great

It doesn’t require any skills to make really but yeah it is very good

1 Like

I’d eat pretty much anything meera told me to tbh :heart:

6 Likes

I’ve never followed a recipe it seems complicated :woozy_face:

Steady on there

1 Like

never had a bad meera recipe. Have you had this?

Wonderful

Some are, deliberately and annoyingly so, I tend to avoid them. Meera Sodha’s recipes tend to be in the low-medium complexity range, though there are recipe books that are even easier to follow. Even Sodha’s recipes can be simplified once you know your way around them though.

1 Like