Fucking sick of hearing that Subways track on Spotify adverts

Fuck off

I kept getting that fucking Malteasers ad where she says “a window is another type of rectangle… DEEEEPP” which it isn’t at all. It’s mocking me because I could’ve written a much better ad but here I am setting my creative aspirations aside and doing my day job*

*Listening to the Wu Tang Clan and looking at the clock because there’s half an hour left till 5 and it’s not worth starting a new task is it so oh well I guess I’ll just take a long break? Yeah thst seems sensible got some biscuits downstairs

2 Likes

Literally no other reason to use any other streaming service though

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re talking about the same song but they had that song ‘Rock and Roll queen’ on an advert concerning betting or football (or somewhere you wouldn’t expect to hear it) the other day. Never fully grasped at the time quite how shit they were. The lyrics in particular were strikingly bad and had a weird, patronising quality given that his girlfriend was in the band and were (presumably?) about her.

Wouldn’t get that on vinyl

2 Likes

Yeah that’s it

The ads are placed within podcasts

You don’t tend to get podcasts on vinyl no

I haven’t used Spotify for podcasts - do they have adverts in podcasts for all users or just if you use the free service?

Most podcasts I listen to have adverts

Yeah, mine too. But this song is particularly annoying

I think it’s self contained within the podcast.

That’s what the 30s skip forward in Pocket Casts is for

I can skip forward on Spotify too. Effort though

On my headphones luckily I can just hold down the volume up to do the skip.

That’s pretty smart!

Yeah. My old headphones had a hands free button to answer calls and I discovered that did the same thing. Clever phones

i like how Acast switches to a separate time bar for the ad so you can swipe to the end of the ad instantly

I thought they just made sandwiches :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Are you using adblock?