Fugazi STATS thread (fao theos). BIT self indulgent8

I get all that, and please don’t conflate it with me saying “I dislike this song” because I don’t, it’s a practically perfect album in every way, I just think where the album goes after Cashout is far more rewarding

I never claimed anything other than personal preference :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I prefer those songs

1 Like

Controversially I think that The Argument is my least favourite Fugazi album. Was the last one I heard and despite a number of listens it’s never properly clicked. Then I get involved in Fugazi discussions, think I must be wrong & missing something…and then re-listen to experience the same. Still think it’s a good album though.

For what its worth….

In on the Kill Taker>13 songs (based on the strength of Margin Walker tracks)>Steady Diet of Nothing>End Hits>Repeater>Red Medicine>The Argument>Instrument Soundtrack

Anyone go the Furniture 7” and want to sell it? It’s the only Fugazi record I’m missing (except for the Sub Pop version of 3 songs if anyone wants to get rid of that also!)

well, I’d say for some people it’s not what people “want” from Fugazi, my best pal Joe who was instrumental (whey) in getting me into Fugazi isn’t that bothered about The Argument either

One of the things i was interested in was seeing if i preferred guys or ians songs. First demo would have been double weighting, essentially. Less of a problem with instrument

as most of them are instrumentals.

Ended up as a 7 :fearful: after much deliberation (was initially an 8).
Turns out (as a general rule) when it comes to short ranty ian hardcore blasts, i prefer the earlier stuff

1 Like

This is as good a place as any to post a picture of the new t-shirt I got at Christmas

5 Likes

Matches the duvet cover well

2 Likes

Definitely agree that Guy just gets better and better as time goes on whereas Ian is a bit stuck up until maybe The Argument where everything comes together

What about the band? :wink:

I think I differ from many here but I’d rate the albums

1. 13 songs (9.75)…I know its not technically an original LP but I love it so much I shall count it that way
  2. Repeater (9.25)
  3. Steady Diet of Nothing (9)
  4. End Hits (8.5)
  5. Red Medicine (8.25)
  6. The Argument (8)
  7. In on the kill taker (7.75)

M8 your list is upside down

3 Likes

Fixed

6 Likes

Cant believe you think repeaters the second worst album, theo.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So…pretty much getting worse as they went on?

Huh

I wholeheartedly agree with number 1. Bet it was the first you heard too…?

But… without ratings

13 Songs
Argument
In on the Kill Taker
Red Medicine
Repeater
End Hits
Steady Diet

That’s how you read it from Down Under right?

Yes it was the first :wink: - round about 00 - got into them just in time for the Forum gigs

Ooh we doing this?! Ok WE DOING THIS

The Argument (obvs)
Repeater
In On The Kill Taker
End Hits/Red Medicine (equal)
13 Songs
Steady Diet