Fyre: The Greatest Party that Never Happened

I know we have a Netflix thread and film thread but thought this was interesting enough to warrant its own thread.

Anyone watched this doc yet? I vaguely knew about Fyre being a disaster from when it happened, but never knew the scale of it. Some of the anecdotes and stories were just jaw-dropping.

Finished it last night. Found it pretty fascinating.

Anyone seen the Hulu documentary that was released a few days earlier?

Not sure how to watch it here, apparently it actually interviews Billy though

The thing that really got me was that after Fyre collapsed and he was facing prison time over it, he just started straight up scamming people with the Met Gala tickets / Taylor Swift meet etc emails. Some absolute galaxy brain thinking going on there.

22 Likes

quite enjoyed at the end ja rule not understanding the meaning of fraud

16 Likes

I straight up do not understand Billy. How was he expecting to make it through all of it? Was he so delusional he genuinely thought everything would work out? Even if it was all a naked scam, how did he think he’d get away with it?

2 Likes

Not really familiar with the fyre thing, is it worth getting into

1 Like

I can’t work out why he shared it like he did.

1 Like

I can get you tickets.

At discount.

It’ll be amazing.

13 Likes

Worth watching a 90 film about I’d say, it’s an entertaining yarn.

He’s probably an attention seeking prick.

‘It’s not fraud, it’s… false advertising’ :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

The beardy event consultant / yoga teacher and the handsome guy who booked the bands…

• Innocent victims caught up in the process who were equally rinsed by Billy
  • Should have hopped off the train way earlier, they brought it on themselves

0 voters

Is this the smashing pumpkins thread?

15 Likes

Well it will be now

3 Likes

the guy who booked the bands for some inexplicable reason let billy run up over $100k on his personal credit card so i can understand why he’d at least stick around in the hope he got paid

WHO HAS $100K CREDIT HE WAS LIKE 19!

6 Likes

i’m sure the app developer guy with the beard (not yoga guy) also let him run up credit on his card(s) too

I liked the fact that he sent that ultimatum email then just carried on doing what Billy told him anyway. EDIT wait that was yoga guy

@ghostpony’s gonna be all over this thread when she wakes up.

1 Like