Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

2 Likes

enjoyed this weekā€™s a lot (better viewing than real life royality stuff for sure) - especially enjoyed that it has (finally, imo!) reached the stage where when something bad is obviously going to happen there are various possible causes of the various possible bad things that could happen

2 Likes

Not sure if Iā€™m missing something here? They were seen by Mysariaā€™s little spy boy and he went to Otto. That boy would definitely recognise Daemon at least.

oh dunno. maybe. who knows.

1 Like

That wedding feast was so tense. Everyone giving it some of this :unamused:

4 Likes

Really hate things in tv shows like when those two fellas are talking about her wearing green which is the colour for war for the benefit of the viewer. Iā€™d probably rather they broke the fourth wall or a little pop up box like the chart show

3 Likes

Yeah that was good. Bit of plot stuff, some things that are gonna need to be resolved, just a bit more sustenance than there has been so far.

Ser Criston is, if anything, too pretty ā€“ I know he has vows and all that, but they canā€™t seriously have just left him and the princess hanging about alone for years and expected nothing to happen, the manā€™s an entire boyband rolled into one.

Probable daft question: does the king have that greyscale thing, or is it just an unspecified Bad Illness?

as above, good episode, lots of tension, didnā€™t really know what was going on in the best way possible - loved how confusing the fight scene was, literally couldnā€™t tell who was attacking who for a good minute or so. Lol at the guy wading in beating everyone to pieces then grabbing the princess over his shoulder and whisking her out. Last two eps have been the best two yet

bit of a shame about how quickly they introduced/killed off Daemonā€™s wife and Laenorā€™s BF. Obviously this is a world where we always killed people off at a momentā€™s notice, but feel we usually got a bit more time to get close to them or think they would play important roles. Seems a bit too fast to have them here then gone instantly - but that said both deaths are gonna spark big things Iā€™m sure

glad Queeny is getting some stuff to do and a bit of backbone. Kind of amusing just how up for it Rhaenyra was, goading Daemon into attacking everyone and stealing her away :smiley: not even the slightest bit coy about it

how big were the time jumps in GoT episodes? I feel like weā€™re covering a lot more time very quickly here, and it is confusing me a little. With some characters the relationships are basically the same and it seems like the passing of time hasnā€™t affected things at all, then from episode-to-episode it seems like Lady Laena went from child to adult. And with Rhaenyra and her sworn protector, she seems to be in the exact same sexed-up phase she was in the last ep, whereas he has clearly gone waaay further with it

The time jumps in GoT are relatively small. Think it all takes place within about 15ish years probably less??

This I think has already jumped about 8 years since the start some of the actors change next week for older ones

1 Like

Discussion of future eps and speculation

yeah kinda wish i hadnā€™t known about that, would have been a fun shock to just turn it on and realise what had happened. But everywhere online has been mentioning it and Iā€™ve known it since about ep 1, so eh

but since young Rhaenyra has such good chemistry with Matt Smith itā€™ll be interesting to see how they play that out with her older self, pretty sad to see that actor go honestly as sheā€™s been my fav thing about the show so far

3 Likes

Couple of different articles I read described Ser Criston killing Laenorā€™s boyfriend as either an angry response at being ā€œribbed that they were both side piecesā€ or insinuating that Ser Criston was potentially homophobic.

I thought that he did it to protect Rhaenyra?

1 Like

i think it was partly the first thing you said for sure, or at least a culmination of how he was feeling seeing his love being paraded around with other men/feeling rejected by her, and the BF was much easier to attack than Laenor or Daemon would be. Think the seppuku response afterwards fits that, if he just thought he did it for noble sworn protector reasons then i doubt heā€™d have been so cut-up about it

was also to protect her too though, just in a somewhat self-destructive, vengeful way

Laughed a lot a Ser Cristonā€™s anguished " Iā€™ve soiled my White Cloak!"This text will be blurred

Weā€™ve all been there, mate.

1 Like

Thought it was more that Laenorā€™s boyfriend had twigged about him and Rhaenyra, so he figured that if he killed him and then killed himself the secret died with them?

I know he was properly cut up and being at Rhaenyraā€™s wedding would have been torture for him, but he seemed too level headed to kill someone (who was tangentially involved in his misery, at best) out of basically angry petulance? IDK

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with your last point normally, but he seemed a lot more emotive this ep generally than Iā€™d thought before, yelling about how without his role and honour heā€™s nothing, saying heā€™s bloodied his white cloak, happily accepting death if THats what Allicent dictated ā€¦ just seemed a little unhinged all round by this stage

Also would have thought heā€™d know that if the BF knew the secret then so would Laenor. But then again thereā€™s enough royal hanger-ons who know big secrets and use them to their advantage without ever clueing in the royalty on what theyā€™re doing that it wouldnā€™t be unreasonable to think you get rid of the one semi-threatening you and then youā€™re in the clear

Yeah this is annoying, saw it via an Indiewire tweet before watching the latest episode, it happening with no warning wouldā€™ve been loads better. Agree on Milly Alcock/young Rheanyra being one of the stand outs in it, shame to lose Emily Carey as well after her performance last night.

1 Like

Ah you fuckers! I checked the spoilers because Iā€™m up to date but youā€™ve spoiled what hasnā€™t even happened yet!

Donā€™t do that!!

4 Likes

After 5 episodes Iā€™mā€¦ pretty stunned by how much Iā€™m into this. Tried rewatching GoT recently and fell off in S4, and I didnā€™t enjoy a lot of what came before that either. This is definitely less fun but itā€™s just so much more competently put together. Slower paced too, but I feel like each episode is moving things onwards just enough. Really excited to see where they go.

2 Likes

Matt Smith is obviously really good in this

5 Likes

cross that they made me fancy his wife and then he immediately murdered her. out of order

dead good these last two

matt smith has a tall vibe but heā€™s not actually very tall

5 Likes