Game of Thrones - Season 7 thread

i literally just made it up mate

I saw the episode and it’s really good. Genuinely wishing good luck to everyone trying to survive till Monday without any spoilers. You’re all braver, better people than me

2 Likes

I do want to ruin your lives but not this way

1 Like

fake or real mate

I HAVE DOWNLOADED IT.

1 Like

This is 90% of the reason I watched it.

And a friend of mine messaged me a file and went ‘I need you to watch this now’ - it’s for your own good because there are spoilers everywhere.

1 Like

nice to see adam buxton popping up recently btw

1 Like

Is that if you call them up or can you do it online?

I’ve also just signed up for GoT but cba to commit to a 3rd streaming service.

Nah I cancelled it online and then it threw up that offer as I was going through the process. Let me know if it’s still there chief!

1 Like

well that was equal parts awesome and soul destroying

Summary

i called the zombie dragon

Me too. Didn’t we all?

Anyway, I watched this last night. Glad I waited, I didn’t see any spoilers beforehand and it looked great and I felt good for being all legal.

Are we still spoilering on a Monday? Or is this the point you shouldn’t be in here if you’ve not seen it yet?

Even though I knew it was coming, was genuinely gutted when the dragon went down. Kind of wish one of them had just melted the fuck out of the big dog white walkers when they were there, as now they’ll have to go back to find them, probably lose another one (although will Jon now ride the other one? Could happen) and they’ve got to deal with a fucking undead dragon to boot. Enjoyed it a lot, thanks for asking.

I hope next week’s isn’t leaked. You know there’ll be spoilers for that one.

2 Likes

Awesome hour of TV - sure there will be nitpicking but I don’t care at this point

Just realised I’m going to be on holiday with shitty wifi next Monday, which means I might have to wait nearly 2 weeks to see the last episode :pensive:

Pretty much a rehash of the other dragon kills people episode. They really seem to have given up on acting and writing in this huh. Peter Dinklage completely acting Emilia Clarke off the screen.
That last scene irked me so bad. Instead of keeping it as a potential surprise for people dumb enough not to think a zombie dragon was happening they actually show the scene in full. smh

2 Likes

Also, Jon mate, stop showing off in front of your missus and get on the fucking dragon eh.

16 Likes

I watched the leak last night, can’t wait to watch it again in glorious 1080p.

I really really enjoyed it, but this was the worst episode of the series, maybe the show, for terrible plot logic and inexplicable behaviour.

It goes without saying that it was a terrible plan to begin with, but why execute it so poorly? Why didn’t they have horses? Why didn’t Benjen get on the horse?

Why haven’t Jon and Sansa been keeping each other up to date with ravens?

WTF is Arya doing? Why is nobody consulting with Bran?

7 Likes

All of these are reasonable questions, but I refuse to care. It’s all too much fun.

8 Likes

Yeah I’m not getting hung up on it, but this is probably the most LOST the show has gone. That said I loved LOST warts n’ all so who cares. I shouted FUCK out loud when the dragon went down, no other show provokes a response like that from me.

Feel that GRRM is partially to blame for setting up a world with such scope but not that much of a game plan on how to wrap it up.

Nah, the reason GRRM is taking so long to write it is because he’s writing a story which fulfils all of those expectations and follows its own internal logic to the bitter end. This is fully on the TV people (who, tbf, do have to work within the limitations of the medium).

1 Like

Yeah. The book doesn’t have actors who will age, that’s the biggest problem for the show.

@lastdino I know what you mean about the dragon. Even though it was so signposted, I was still gutted. They did a great job of it coming down, felt really emotional and like a massive event to everyone watching it. And it was totes Jon’s fault for pissing about.

Almost lurched into Fear The Walking Dead territory, where you love the world and the lore but spend an hour shaking your head at the TV going WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

1 Like