Game of Thrones - Season 7 thread

I was spoiled for the big twist but it was still fun to watch

Fave interaction was Thoros and Jorah:

“I saw you charge against the Greyjoys, I thought you were the bravest man I’d ever seen.”
“lol I was off my fucking teats m9”

8 Likes

TBH I’d forgotten who the fuck Benjen Stark was.

zombie dragon though

2 Likes

Like how it wasn’t the dragon named after Jon’s dad that was killed because HELLO JON IS GOING TO RIDE IT. Who’d’ve thunk that the Night King would be the third dragon rider though :open_mouth:

I wonder how Drogon and Rhaegal will react to zombie Viserion too

3 Likes

ok who wants to climb aboard the “tyrion is a tankie” train i’m offering free tickets

2 Likes

always thought if one of them died it would be viserion since viserys was such a dick.

4 Likes

keep reading this as tyrion is a tyskie

1 Like

one of the final battles, white walkers swarming. DANY finds herself alone. drogon has taken a bad hit and is offscreen somewhere. she’s overwhelmed by the horror. we hear the SHRIEK of viserion as he zeroes in on dany and lands right in front of her. Snarling. Murderous.

DANY: “viserion, it’s me…your mom…don’t you remember me? i loved you.”

dany reaches out and places her hand on viserion’s muzzle. his snarl…softens. some dawning realisation creeps into his eyes. mother…yes…he remembers…but that was long ago, before death…now all he knows is hunger and evil…and like that, snap, any lingering affection vanishes (like the end of american werewolf). he roars, ready to rip dany to shreds when…

DROGON reappears, slams into viserion. they fight it out. drogon sacrifices himself to kill viserion.

dany kneels between their bodies, places her hands on both dragons’ faces, crying, devastated…

and the night king approaches her.

[FADE OUT]

^put it in the bank

2 Likes

well kinda makes sense him dying, since now dondarrion has no more lives left

well thought he was gonna light up his sword and leroy jenkins the night king (and get instantly dropped)

13 Likes

“leroy jenkins” :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t understand what this means

oh, “tankie” is a thing from leftwing twitter. these bedroom (mostly) stalinist peeps who want to smash the state and rebuild it from the ground up. altho i don’t think tyrion would be a stalinist per se, think he’d be more like the spanish anarchists in the 30s tbh.

^i really just posted all this. i need a fkn proper job.

3 Likes

Common GoT issue for me if I’m honest. I sort of recognised him so just went with it.

Cheesy shit I thought was gonna happen:

Dany calling Jon “my king” after he said she was his queen with them basically agreeing to get married

Arya saying she was wearing Littlefinger’s face in the scene where he talks to Sansa with a cut to his corpse stuffed somewhere

Meera coming to greet Gendry at Eastwatch, because that would make as much sense as anything else this series

1 Like

:rofl:

Can anyone recommend a good GoT podcast, not ‘The Game of Thrones Podcast’ that’s shit

Liked the bit where Tormund nodded at the Hound and the Hound nodded back. #LADS until the very end.

Jon Snow, Hipster Of The North seems immortal.

I quite like A Cast of Kings. It’s Joanna Robinson from Vanity Fair (a book twonk) and Dave Chen from /filmcast (a non-book twonk). It’s only about an hour long too.

1 Like

It’s not a podcast but Alt Shift X on YouTube is great, the most deadpan man ever but really knows his shit. His recaps come out on Weds/Thurs.

1 Like