Game of Thrones spinoff-orama rolling thread

There’s no single Game of Thrones thread anymore, so this feels like a good time to start one for this upcoming spinoff, which is apparently already filming?!?

Plus I expect GRRM will “let slip” loads of other details over the next six months…

Excited? Not fussed? Want to complain about season 8 some more? Go for it :arrow_down:

1 Like

would be into seeing the doom of valyria

1 Like

Big Game Hunting with Robert Baratheon

5 Likes

@discobot how do you mute a thread

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

the final season of the show has killed off all my enthusiasm for anything GoT related

1 Like

I have now watched all of that show
Boy that was a lot less substantial than people pretended

2 Likes

and Wheel of Time! :star_struck: and His Dark Materials! :star_struck: :star_struck:

People kept telling me it was political when in fact it was arbitrary. Arbitrary!

2 Likes

Finished these again last night. Didn’t cry at the end. Definitely not. Shut up.

5 Likes

Gonna get on the front foot and start the ‘remake the spinoffs’ petition.

3 Likes

Just so you know I stopped watching about half way through season 2.

Can’t decide. It’s got some interesting ideas and a lot of terrible ideas and eventually just piss poor execution but it’s more entertaining than like Emmerdale so on balance… Go wild

1 Like

Yeah but stop after season 6

1 Like

Depends.

If you want a decent, often brilliant, saga about families, conflicted loyalties and dragons - then yes.

If you want something that explains every character’s origins and motivations while sticking to strictly logical choices for all of them - then no.

3 Likes

But you kinda just did

Yeah it’s alright. Mainly just loads of people gossiping about each other. I think everything happening outside of where the starks live is a bit boring. I like brown and snow. (Those aren’t characters I just mean I like stories set amongst brown and snow)

1 Like

Yeah the best part just presents the different conceptions of family structures, a bit like how Tolkien’s best parts were just showing or describing fantastical things. It should’ve been a mockumentary.

you sly dog, tricks.

1 Like

Reckon they should do a Star Wars crossover

1 Like