Game of Thrones spinoff-orama rolling thread

There’s no single Game of Thrones thread anymore, so this feels like a good time to start one for this upcoming spinoff, which is apparently already filming?!?

Plus I expect GRRM will “let slip” loads of other details over the next six months…

Excited? Not fussed? Want to complain about season 8 some more? Go for it :arrow_down:

1 Like

would be into seeing the doom of valyria

1 Like

Big Game Hunting with Robert Baratheon

5 Likes

I’m gonna watch that

there’s a lot of the rings tv show as well. wow.

@discobot how do you mute a thread

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

the final season of the show has killed off all my enthusiasm for anything GoT related

1 Like

I have now watched all of that show
Boy that was a lot less substantial than people pretended

2 Likes

and Wheel of Time! :star_struck: and His Dark Materials! :star_struck: :star_struck:

People kept telling me it was political when in fact it was arbitrary. Arbitrary!

2 Likes

I never read those, but if they contain high fantasy nonsense that will aid in me ignoring my own life then I’m in

2 Likes

Finished these again last night. Didn’t cry at the end. Definitely not. Shut up.

5 Likes

Gonna get on the front foot and start the ‘remake the spinoffs’ petition.

3 Likes

Just so you know I stopped watching about half way through season 2.

Now it’s over would people recommend watching it to someone who hasn’t watched it

• Yes you should watch it
  • No it is a waste of time

0 voters

Can’t decide. It’s got some interesting ideas and a lot of terrible ideas and eventually just piss poor execution but it’s more entertaining than like Emmerdale so on balance… Go wild

1 Like

Yeah but stop after season 6

1 Like

as a person who loves it when filmmakers ostentatiously “subvert genre tropes” you will definitely enjoy

1 Like

Depends.

If you want a decent, often brilliant, saga about families, conflicted loyalties and dragons - then yes.

If you want something that explains every character’s origins and motivations while sticking to strictly logical choices for all of them - then no.

3 Likes

I still haven’t warched got despite having read all the books a long time ago now (and suffering a queue of ukelele playing fans for 2hrs at loncon 2014 to get my copy of the first book signed). My reasoning is, whats the point if it diverges significantly from the books? Is this a good idea tho