GameCube appreciation thread (rolling)

Post in here about how much you appreciated the GameCube (king of consoles).

This thread was brought to you by a conversation about Super Smash Bros Melee where I got overexcited by the thought of Marth. I love Marth, he would treat me right.

8 Likes

I appreciate the cube

5 Likes

ROY
ROY
ROY
ROY
RRRROY
RROYROY
ROROYROY
ROY
ROY
ROY
ROY
ROY

4 Likes

Think eric’s recently cut down his collection of them to just his favourite eight.

3 Likes

Name a more iconic duo I’ll wait

10 Likes

You’re welcome to him. He’s not as sensual as my boy Marth

ROY
3 Likes

Best console, best controller.

At a conservative estimate reckon I’ve spent double the amount of time playing gamecube games than every other console combined. A frankly ludicrous tally of teenage hours on Smash Bros/007 Nightfire/Double Dash.

5 Likes

Also had Eternal Darkness, criminally underrated horror game that introduced a ton of scary effects like making it seem like the volume on your tv or the scart had come out

3 Likes

ROY

2 Likes

YOUNG

LINK

2 Likes

tell me this isn’t the greatest game music of all time

3 Likes

probably played it more than any other console. mainly smash and nightfire. reckon me and @nestor had quite similar teenage years tbh.

Killer7
Ikaruga

1 Like

Mad to think Melee is 20 next year, think I was still playing it with pals easily 5 years ago

2 Likes

I currently own 4 gamecube controllers (2 purple, 1 black and one special edition resident evil 4).

Hoaxed that your memory card was corrupt and you’d lost your save also I recall.

1 Like

To think 18 years on that multiplayer FPS gaming peaked with 2v2 Skyrail in 007 Nightfire.

2 Likes

Spent my lockdown time finally playing through Pikmin 2. Such an awesome game. There’s a nice little easter egg where one of the tunes the Pikmin sing is this song that promoted the game in Japan.

Superb console, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Double Dash, 1080 Avalanche, Smash Bros Melee, F-Zero GX were my faves.

4 Likes