GameCube appreciation thread (rolling)

Yeah that was a real fucker of a move, tbh.

1 Like

start off with the intention not to use sentinels, but fuck it off an hour in and just spend the time hidden in corners of rooms controlling the missiles.

1 Like

everyone scrambling for the pokeball and itā€™s fucking goldeen

3 Likes

melee loadout:

ness (about 80% of the time)
pikachu
captain falcon
bit of marth.

FFS now Iā€™m wide

1 Like

spacesuit bond was so satisfying to kill. one of the biggest cunts in gaming.

mr game & watch, or dr mario (goth/black outfit)

2 Likes

F-Zero!
Donkey Konga!
Warioware!
The secret start-up sound that was better than the regular one!

What a great and eclectic console the GameCube was.

2 Likes

Metroid Prime.

3 Likes

mrmrmrmrmrmrmr MR GAME AND WATCH

3 Likes

Young link

Kirby about 1% of the time

1 Like

dr marioā€™s evil dr outfit is a classic

1 Like

holding bucket intensifies

1 Like

the fucking sausages, man.

Bought my Gamecube for Resident Evil 4. They had a booth in Gamestation Birmingham New Street with the game playable and you had to be 18+ to go into the booth.

I played it for 2 minutes and was like, Iā€™ve got to buy this as soon a feasibly possible, I remember thinking it was like a Horror Shenmue in look and feel. Still remains one of the greatest games of all-time and was a GC exclusive for a while.

All this said, Iā€™d so love a re-master of Killer7. Absolutely love that off the wall game.

3 Likes

Complete with randomised fire damage! Prime troll of a character. also his side B baseball bat strike that gave you a rating 1-9, and 9 was practically a knockout on anyone even if they were much better :smiley:

1 Like

was always a Playstation / Game Boy lad growing up so never played a Gamecube until 2008 when my uni housemate brought his to halls for second semester of first year. we played Mario Kart Double Dash endlessly and then got really hooked on fighting each other on Timesplitters 2 for a while. we got Super Smash Bros eventually too but didnā€™t play it nearly enough cos none of us really knew what to do.

played it less and less often in subsequent flats and eventually a different housemate was gifted it to take home. kinda miss it.

1 Like

theyā€™ve brought back some of those frankly stupid rng moves for other characters in ultimate, too. so fucking irritating.

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone one under my bed and a copy of Luigiā€™s mansion but I used to leave my controller at my friends house and I never got it back.

ultimate online even with friends and talking over whatsapp or whatever really doesnā€™t have the same feel as being in the room at the same time. bit depressing actually. one of the benefits of living with one of my smash atds in spain was the obscene amount of hours we racked up on ultimate. reckon I hit about 400 hours in 6 months.

1 Like