Gaming 2019 - New Half-Life (Some VR nonsense) confirmed

no im not okay and this fucking bollox pushed me over the edge

Yeah I’m enjoying it a lot too. Tomb Raider with a lightsaber is how I’ve been describing it.
BD-1 is great!

1 Like

I love that this happened because you changed the volume. MASTER RACE!

(Obviously I don’t actually love that this is happening to you please don’t punch me)

2 Likes

I calmed down but jesus.after today+!! Lol

Let the next gen trailers begin

I’m stoked there is a 2nd one of these

just realised that Outer Wilds and the Outer Worlds are different games

and I don’t know who’s being saying what about which one

Outer worlds us like fallout
Outer wilds is a space exploring game

Had kind of been avoiding any chat about Outer Wilds because I have too many games to play but then I accidentally found out it’s like Elite meets Majora’s Mask and now I need it

The universe is tiny but absolutely packed with stuff. Need to get back to it.

This interests me.

Hey guys, haven’t read thread but is it normal for Cex to jack up prices of games pre-xmas? They had Super Mario Bros Deluxe Switch for £45 which I’m sure was cheaper last week

They charge based on demand

ah shit. here we go again.

2 Likes

not sure I want to support such a business tbh

I mean I see it as a good thing, it’s encouraging you to buy one of the 10 or 20 different better platformers for half the price on the e-shop (unless you’re buying ti as a gift) for real it’s not a great platformer.

Also, thats how all 2nd hand retailers operate. CEX is basically an eBay seller but on the highstreet, Thats why you can get 300 copies of Fifa 19 for 40p in the same CEX.

Ok. Can you recommend a Switch-exclusive platformer then? I’ve played NSB on Wii before and I know it’s essentially a 3rd remake of an old game but I really enjoy it. I also like buying physical copies so I can sell them once they are done (not a luxury I have as a PC gamer)

Most of the 2d platformers don’t come on cart other than DKC Tropical Freeze which is almost as expensive as Mario. The other Nintendo platformers aren’t challeging enough.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3421507?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=30f62ea9-9626-4cac-97c8-9ff3921f8558&istItemId=iwqqqqplp&istBid=t&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|acid:532-198-3455|cid:598901029|agid:46090637448|tid:pla-854572645394|crid:184602685813|nw:g|rnd:3153071544655660306|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1006565&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0NfvBRCVARIsAO4930mtBDhTdvEjNKx_2caI8CV5U1VHjEhSNXvS21qhLfAKEJKULE2ZJ18aAkYrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is good

But most the best platformers are digital only, but given I think games like Celeste, Freedom Planet, Sonic Mania ,Rayman Legends and Shovel Knight are better value and better games and are often on sale in the E-store for around £10. If you’re eager to trade in a game you can trade it back iut to CEX for £26 once you’re one (£31 for voucher) and consider it a £20 rental. Or sell it on ebay but undercutting CEX by £5 and consider it a £5 purchase

That’s the problem with playing the ‘trading in market’ it only makes sense if you’re going to buy a game you were going to buy brand new anyways. If the game were any cheaper then that also means the trade in value would be pants so if you’re looking to buy games used then save money by trading in it seems like you aren’t really saving yourself any money in the long run.

Deffo get full price games new rather than digitally though if you dont think you’ll likely play them more than once

1 Like

Hmm you can understand why I’m willing to pay £40 for NSMB when all of those games aren’t exclusive to the Switch

Tropical Freeze is one of the best platformers I’ve ever played… I’m sure it can be hard for £30. Definitely recommend it.

2 Likes

Got the bad ending in Bloodstained. I really liked the game but forgot about how these games operate and hit the final boss fight earlier than I should’ve done, the boss fight wasn’t hard or anything… in fact I won the fight easily by just loading up on Mana potions and using my grinder on him ( took like 20 seconds to beat). My advice though is if you’re going to let us find the final boss so easily and so early without doing the rest of the map then at least make them a challenge to fight!

Fantastic game otherwise