Gaming 2019 - New Half-Life (Some VR nonsense) confirmed

HFWI: 5/5

3 Likes

:grinning:

I have not but now I absolutely want to! Always had a soft spot for pinball. I dare say if you like the real thing the the antics of that wee dung beetle Yoku will be right up your street.

1 Like

don’t think I’ve ever played a real pinball table but I find them fascinating, all those little miniature mechanisms etc

1 Like

Loved that table back in my uni days.

It’s honestly up there with my favourite games on the format. It’s not Breath of the Wild, but other than that I can’t think of anything else on the system that’s given me that much joy.

2 Likes

Spent the whole day in bed on Monday playing Albion Online on my phone (and laptop, but mostly phone because it runs it better). Great sandbox MMO, I just wish they would get it going on the Switch!

That game is such is a joy. Also, has the great design of being maybe 5-6 hours long mainlining? When it starts to get a bit repetitive it ends, I want more short games.

It also has a great late title card if I am remembering right.

1 Like

Yeah that title card as you’ve been fired high above the island was just a glorious wee touch. The tone they’ve gone for can be so easy to get wrong and drift past charming into irritating but they’ve nailed it so far. It’s just a lovely place to potter around in.

Yes to more short games! I think I’m done with 70+ hour open world monsters for a while. It’s gonna take something special to lure me back into one.

Gonna fuck around and hack my 3DS at some point. At first it was just about backing up game data (which you basically can’t do on the 3DS), then realised I could run a DS flashcard for stuff like GTA: Chinatown Wars and Chrono Trigger.

THEN I found out there’s RetroArch for 3DS, for all sorts of emulator fun: SNES, MegaDrive, ScummVM for old adventures and MAME for old arcade machines! Looking forward to the Alien vs. Predator beat-em-up for that Laser Quest nostalgia

1 Like

Hacked my SNES Mini this week.
Something quite wonderful about playing Playstation games on it.

2 Likes

That thing can play Playstation games? Guess it’s a lot more powerful than the original system, nice :+1:

It’s good to preserve old games from dead formats, as they’re artistic texts that form part of our shared history lol j/k free shit :partying_face:

Aye its class. Have it loaded so far with way more snes games, best megadrive games, best nes games, bunch of arcade games, Rondo of blood from TG16CD and Symphony of the night on PS.
Can do N64, GBA, Neo Geo, PSP and even DS too.

1 Like

:exploding_head: do you draw on your tv with a little stylus?

Never played this. I’ll never quite forgive my parents for getting me a Game Gear instead of a GameBoy that one christmas. “Look, it’s got colour!” Yeah but NO GAMES.

3 Likes

Bullshit! It had Sonic, and that TV receiver accessory thing, and

1 Like

Pokemon pinball too, miss creative spins on pinball.

1 Like

Use a wii pro controller, 2nd control stick does the styles and l2 to ‘draw’

1 Like
1 Like

I thought playing Monkey Island on a 3DS was mad, but playing DS games on a SNES with a Wii U controller is twisting my melon man

3 Likes

The future (past) is now (the present)