Gaming 2019

A shame that. Was under the impression Nicallis were a gbol :frowning:

unfollows on Twitter

“give us a fridge already” i cried up-thread about fallout 76.
well, they eventually did this week, but it’ll cost you 7 real life bucks from their “it’ll only be cosmetics” microtransactions store. thanks, bethesda!

Not sure how I feel about FF7.

It is kind of cool seeing these places realised in full glory and with horrible voice acting, but there’s something of that feeling when a favourite book is adapted and you don’t want this version taking over your imagination’s view.

I love the shonky duplo figures and the limited MIDI soundtrack too much

2 Likes

Realized we havent seen much of @Rarity lately

Wonder how the wow life balance is :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I didn’t have it under control :frowning:

5 Likes

F

4 Likes

On the plus side I’m a level 43 rogue, I got my mount as soon as I hit 40 and I’m raking in the cash. I’ll be raiding Ony any day now, I just need to keep playing :smiley:

:grimacing:

1 Like

I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT

2 Likes

i’ve not heard from my friend since he went on sabbatical. i fear wow classic has made him 16 again

2 Likes

Solid run of classics.

1 Like

I am too much of a n00b for Hollow Knight :frowning:

1 Like

Sad Times in Central Glasgow

stuff like this is really sad, decent and friendly game shops are so hard to find

Big News for FF7 Remake
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-14-final-fantasy-7-remake-has-a-classic-mode-that-makes-the-combat-like-the-originals?fbclid=IwAR0h_tYhav6bzoILSJKyqSnM2mk9Scjg9Iyrv13a2rSC_Nc05ZFU7sfBcQw

1 Like

got excited then but sounds more like the same as the action combat except you don’t do the action bits

“In standard modes, the ATB Gauge fills up by repeatedly attacking your enemy, but in Classic Mode this aspect of gameplay is handled automatically. The player does not need to do anything and the character fights automatically, charging up their ATB Gauge.”

guess it would be insane for them to balance the game separately for a turn based combat system

I mean mechanically its kinda identical its just there is visual representation between ‘turns’ really. I can see purists being put off but fundamentally its kinda the same just less static

I’d disagree as if it’s just attacking automatically there can’t be any “counter when you attack” mechanics etc not that the original FFVII combat was particularly deep but this sounds more like a hack than a separate mode. If the action version wants you to run around and slash the sword a bunch I doubt you’ll be getting the ATB gauge come up that often, like 30-60 seconds a time I should imagine, can’t see waiting through that length of time in turn based mode to be ideal but we will have to see.

Anyone picked up a Psvr? Saw you can grab one for about £100 2nd hand CEX, reckon it’s worth it?