Gaming 2019 - New Half-Life (Some VR nonsense) confirmed

Did anyone try the RE2 demo?

From comments I’ve read on Twitter and Eurogamer, it seems that it’s an absolute cracker and early GOTY contender.

Some of the ideas in it sound great, such as enemies now tracking you through the Police Station until you dispatch them or Mr X (is that his name?) able to tell where you are due to the sounds you make. Everyone seems to reckon it nails the memories and atmosphere of RE2, the gameplay of RE4 and the graphics of The Last of Us.

Saving it till I get back from work tomorrow, but pretty excited! Apparently you can replay it by switching accounts (on the PS4 anyway).

1 Like

I’ve not played the demo but the atmosphere seems nailed on. It looks scary and the zombies seem like a true threat, as a result I’ll probably be too chicken shit to play it :smiley:

(I watched a playthrough)

Capcom have been on a bit of a role. Monster Hunter, Resi 7, Megaman 11 and now this

2 Likes

I will never play this game, but it’s undoubtedly a great generator of content.

6 Likes

really wish i had a gaming computer for this alone, have to content myself with watching no commentary walkthroughs instead, curse my ps4-having life!

1 Like

Oh my god stop falling off ledges bloodborne man

1 Like

If only there were some way of controlling him…

Lara Croft keeps misjudging distances and depths in the dark which I also find quite frustrating. I’m aware turning the brightness up might solve all of my problems.

That was such an epic intro and it turned out to be some spreadsheet simulator wtf

2 Likes

I think I’ve nearly completed Bloodborne. I’m hoping there won’t be some batshit hard final boss but it wouldn’t surprise me! (There’s some optional stuff I’ve missed, but I think with this game, I don’t mind skipping over some of that completionist stuff even though I’m liking it).

Making progress is so satisfying tho

Also I think I found some good armour early on bc I haven’t changed armour in ages, and I’m using mainly the same weapons from the start (albeit upgraded like mad)

1 Like

Been getting into Noclip and I’m particularly digging this video of their’s. Didn’t realise that Jonathan Blow’s voice is quite similar to Grimes’

I stumbled across this article. Amazing how the author thought it was worth writing about.

Have you got the DLC? It’s astonishing - some of the best areas in the game (and some bastard hard but excellent boss fights).

I love games that are supposed to be very personal but also let you name your character.

6 Likes

You’ll be rooting and emotionally attached to a character called Fartbreath and this makes me happy/

2 Likes

Tried the RE2 demo. Made the mistake of running around like it was RE4 and got immediately chomped! It’s surprisingly gory. I don’t know why that’s surprising. Guess I still haven’t remembered it’s a horror game, even after playing RE7. Run out of time before I could say hello to the Licker unfortunately.

Guys, is Dino Crisis 2 significantly better than the first?

1 Like

Not played the first, but I loved the second

Note: I was like 12

I’m the reverse, the first was great but not played 2. From memory they are worlds apart in the gameplay stakes