Gaming 2019 - New Half-Life (Some VR nonsense) confirmed

should I play Parasite Eve?

Yes

d/l’d Persona 5 off of PSN (last day before the sale ends, I had some PSN wallet money for Christmas, and it’s SIXTY PERCENT OFF MATE)

Bargain - something to get stuck into once Bloodborne’s done (currently got two bosses I can fight: a dickhead wet nurse wanker with loads of knives who was quite easy until they started having all clones coming at me; and a dickhead E.T. the extra terrestrial wanker who I was this close to battering m8 until all his mates were coming at me and distracting me from this big laser)

2 Likes

Playing Virginia tonight as Cane and Rinse are covering it

Time to find out if I was right or wrong to find it massively disappointing

I was playing Nex Machina after listening to their episode the other day. Absolutely awesome game

I finally got round to getting an xbox one at new year. Currently working though RDR2 (though not sure how much I’m enjoying it)

Played rocket league for the first time last night, instantly hooked.

2 Likes

Has ANYONE played Fallout 76? I’m dangerously close to getting it for this weekend despite hearing all the bad things. I just want some Fallout.

anyone got any tips for a good bargain on the PS store sale?

This is definitely not a reason to get Fallout 76

6 Likes

@yeahetc just play Fallout 4 again

I proper rinsed it first time round, not sure there’s much left to see. But I’ve slept on it and in the cold light of day realised it would be a terrible waste of time and money. I will not buy Fallout 76. Thanks guys!

1 Like

I replayed New Vegas recently - still the best by a country mile.

Got Celeste for free last night. Enjoyable so far but platformers make my hands cramp…

Been playing a big of Forza Horizon 4. Quite good. Basically the same as 3 but with more weather.

Been ploughing through Far Cry 5 with a pal (coop only). Glitchy and buggy but still somehow quite fun. Have downloaded Far Cry 2 to see if that matches my memories of it.

I found Celeste difficult, but started using the accessibility options for extra jumps and things to help me through. Helped me to keep going when some parts got too tough/frustrating. That I enjoyed and connected with the story was mostly what ensured I kept going. I really love that game.

Just re-bought Rome: Total War (the best game of all time) for my Mac. Not played it in years, but am dangerously excited. Skipped the easy Roman campaigns and went straight for the best faction, the Seleucids. Early game for the Seleucids is pretty much designed to be impossible - every single one of your settlements can and will be attacked, the early game units available are terrible, everyone else around you is really good and you start with like one unit of militia hoplites and two peasant units in every settlement.

So far lost one province and gained another, but have started training archers so things are looking up. If the Greeks or Pontus attack me though I’m fucked.

Absolutely love late game Seleucids though. Archers hiding behind a row of phalanxes picking off units, before a load of catapgracts and armoured War elephants smash into the side and back of them

3 Likes

Ooooh good tip. I’ll check those out.

Never played ‘Fallout 3’ or ‘New Vegas’ but our housemate,who runs a game shop, can get them for me for free. Seeing as I loved ‘Fallout 4’ I should probably go back to them.

New Ace Comat is getting very good reviews. Interested in it for the VR support.

I’ve been playing Fire Emblem for the past couple of days and am pretty into it, turns out I maybe am a turn-based strategy nerd.

1 Like

They’re both so, so much better than Fallout 4. Less shiny, more brains and heart.

2 Likes