Gaming 2020 - Christmas sales now live across multiple storefronts

Yep. I’m still on my first ruler as King of Galicia, and now control two other kingdoms, but I’m going to lose one of them when I die because of what you’ve said.

I went with one of the Russian tribal kingdoms, so can’t even get preferential partition until I’ve reformed a religion and gone feudal!

1 Like

If I had a pound for every time I’ve heard that

2 Likes

You’d have enough to buy a can of coke?

Don’t know how much a can of coke costs these days. £4?

1 Like

can’t you just kill or get your kids killed?

Im not sure. I looked into them the other day and I appear to be my half-brother’s uncle.

2 Likes

spoiler because this is what I do in another paradox game

what I do in eu4 is make unwanted heirs generals of really small armies or navies and then send them on suicide missions into africa (i’m playing as castille).

1 Like

Ah, didn’t know you could play as Denmark.

2 Likes

Got Gujian 3. Have just requested a refund after an hour of play though because it’s not going to get a look in between Star Wars Shooty Ships and maybe Baldur’s Gate 3. Will rebuy for a tenner or something at some point, it seemed pretty decent.

1 Like

oh wait think this solves my problems

2 Likes

Pub crabs for all!

2 Likes

I am really buzzing for Star Wars Shooty Ships tbh. Hope it’s not rubbish.

2 Likes

When are the SWSS reviews likely to start coming in?

Not a scooby. I mean, it’s out on Friday, so. Seems reasonably safe to assume it’ll be in the next 2 days.

Yup, get confused by some of the embargoes you see around these days but yeah, not long till its actually out. Could do with some shooty ships action if its decent.

1 Like

Think I’ve ticked off all of these encounters now

2 Likes

PS2 into a native 4K telly through a (cheap) 1080p upscanner device. It looked surprisingly OK but there was some noise, like a film grain, but I didn’t really notice that after a while. Think when I replay it I’ll try on PC.

I’m tempted by Homecoming because that’s on Steam. Is it worth it?

1 Like

ha yeah the film grain is definitely intentional. the PC version doesn’t have it or vastly reduced anyway and it looks way too clean and clinical.

homecoming is pretty shit tbh and the PC port is famously broken. massively switched the focus to combat and doing army rolls and having to stab stuff up with combos. absolutely idiotic story as well. feel like i should say one nice thing about it… hmm. there are some nice foggy street moments with piano soundtrack lol.

Star Wars Squadrons reviews/feedback are starting coming out now.

Looks like the single player is about 7hours long, although you will probably want to replay it to get all the achievements.

1 Like