Gaming 2020 - Christmas sales now live across multiple storefronts

anyone fancy a game of COD Warzone or Overwatch?? (PC)

nb I have never actually played the former and am rubbish at the latter.

saddens me that people hate the card game in FFIX, it’s great

1 Like

I don’t hate it, just don’t like it nearly as much as the card game in VIII. mostly because I never really understood how it worked, so lots of times I’d think I was doing well, my opponent would put a card down, flip pretty much the whole board and I didnt understand why. so I gave up. maybe I’d understand it better on a replay now or when I can look stuff up.

found VIII’s card game much easier to understand, although all the elemental stuff that turns up later can do one, as can Random

1 Like

Just downloading Cities: Skylines. I guess this is goodbye (daylight)?

Nevermind. Runs like an absolute dog on my Mac.

I gave up on the card game in FFVIII very quickly because I lost every game. Learning how to win would take me too much time so I’ve never done a playthrough with it.

man you’ll never find out who the head of the card club is with that attitude!

I don’t care for the card club!

1 Like

Not surprising. Unless you upgrade or customize a mac and pay like £2,000 - £3,000 it’ll be completely unfit for playing any games with a 3D Engine. No matter how new it is

Harsh :frowning:

I might try and find, like, Sim City 1998 instead :sob:

1 Like

Just started it

This feels like something special rn

1 Like

I still kind of want to play through FFVIII again and make sure I get every card in it this time - never managed it in my many playthroughs back in the day :frowning:

also I kind of want to play through FFVIII again cos it’s ace

1 Like

anyone played the new Ori yet? quite enjoyed the first one in the end. might give it a bash now that i have literally nothing to do.

oh apparently steam release is buggy af, shame

plan this morning was to absolutely rinse either Gran Turismo Sport or Assetto Corsa Competizione today.

so obviously i’ve spent ages playing Tetris 99 and Tetris on my phone, learning how to do T spins and trying to get better at the game. so far I’m failing, but still. best result is 3rd, had a few 4ths too. one day maybe…

Partway through right now. Taking a break just cause I know it just saved and I dunno when it will again. I love how theyve gradually taken steps to get more and more experimental. With the context of the previous parts, you can orient yourself in it though pretty quickly.

Cant imagine what it’s like ccoming to this in one go. For me it has the gravity of all those years on it, and I’m looking forward to what’s on the horizon ere

Its amazing. Played it on PC and aside from the odd audio glitch not had any problems. Its one of the best games I’ve played… this deacade… not finished it yet but its in the running for fav of all time

1 Like

Enjoying Doom very much but boy do I suck at the platforming bits. There was a sequence of jumps on disappearing platforms that I just couldn’t nail. Would probably have given up under normal circumstances but I did think “what else are you doing with your time?” and persevered and made it. So yay, I suppose.

5 Likes

Just finished Doom Eternal. Ultra Violence. Exhausted! It’s a kind of sensory workout huh. Absolutely loved it. Can’t remember the last time I had so much fun in a single player FPS. Since, well… Doom.

Really strong offering for free PS Plus games in April: Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0. I was planning on buying Dirt soon anyway so that’s awesome news. (Dirt Rally games = possibly even more nails than Doom…)

3 Likes

Taking a break from end game stuff in FFXIV to level up some gathering and crafting classes. Picking flowers and that. Playing Animal Crossing too, quite a lot of flowers to pick there. Need a break from that shit so I’m replying Witcher 3.

Keep getting distracted by picking flowers. Sake.

Should just buy one of those Atelier Ryza games that are actually about picking flowers to progress but they’re £50 each on Switch ffs.