Gaming 2021

Wish I had something that could play this game

Brilliant, if you keep equivocating on everything the game lets you play as Keith.

1 Like

Pretty excited I can get my son to play co-op with me now. It’s Lego Superheroes and it fucks him up when the camera’s free-roaming but we’re having fun. He also calls Hawkeye ‘whore guy’.

4 Likes

Had a moment of horror yesterday: I accidentally deleted the save from the game I’m playing (Xenogears). Happened while I was updating the emulator (Retroarch 1.9.1 is out btw!).

But I’m not that fussed - I was near the end of disc 1, and apparently disc 2 is just a massive exposition dump (they ran out of time/money while developing or summat). So I’ll watch it on YouTube and play something else I think. Enjoyed the near-half I did play, except there are some bastard bosses and awkward bits. And no sodding map! That makes it really hard to pick up again for me.

Absolutely massive story, tons of weird stuff happening, glad I got into it. Nice combo system too!

And on the plus side, PS1 emulation on the 3DS seems pretty much spot-on (Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, Chrono Cross, Persona 1 and 2 all work)

So I’ll start something else in a bit. What should I play next? Will be starting each series as early on as I’ve got (FF3, DQ4, Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, Super Mario RPG on the SNES). Thank you for your feedback.

• A Final Fantasy game
  • A Dragon Quest game
  • A Persona game
  • A Fire Emblem game
  • A Super Mario RPG
  • Chrono Cross maybe?

0 voters

That’s Persona all done with, 122 hours, feel quite bereft now.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much my MO.

1 Like

The keir starmer story.

2 Likes

do you guys reckon subnautica is gonna run like garbage on switch?

Yes

1 Like

Well Yes* in that I think it’ll run 25 - 30 fps which to a PC GOD like myself is garbage

hmm i just don’t really enjoy gaming on my PC, though i do have £20 credit on steam. got a shite chair though and i’m just not really set up to play it through my tv properly.

Jeez, you weren’t kidding. This is actually playable now.

1 Like

NES games really don’t hold up, do they. Inspired by the Nintendo Life best of list I’ve been trying some and they’re nearly all garbage. Was looking forward to Ducktales, I love a Disney platformer, but it’s so rough. Sampled some Megaman too, grim. Quite enjoy a game of Tecmo but it’s very limited. Honestly outside of SMB3, does anything hold up? Castlevania has its charms but still flawed.

Bubble
Bobble

1 Like

Nah

Dr Mario

1 Like

It’s no Tetris, but what is

1 Like

I will fite u

Megaman 2 is a big step up tbh

That’s the one I tried!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: