Gaming 2021

I’ve been playing this with a few friends, it does have alovely feel. I got chased by two blue trolls yesterday.

I’ve reckon we’ll be putting a lot of time into this. We killed the first boss, but some of the other stones look daunting.

I’ve got too much stuff going on, I need more hands!

Currently playing:

Rdr2 - half way through chapter 4, been playing this for months already.

Xenoblade chronicles - dropped this but picked it up again and I do really like it despite it being #notmykindofgame

Valheim - this is good fun but already a massive time sink! Good for relaxation though, except when I get attacked by skellingtons.

Inside - seem to only play this really late at night at weekends, I know it’s only short but think I’m only about half way through!

Bastion - like picking this up and having a bash for 20 minutes, but can’t follow the story at all because of this…

Super mario bros 3D - arriving today! Really want to play it straight away as well.

Then I have backlogged:

Witcher 3 - blood and wine
Dishonoured 2
Control
Tony Hawk
Cyberpunk (lol)
Hitman

When can I retire?

Just playing Anodyne 2 at the moment. It seems to have just opened up a bit, and I’m curious about where it’s going to go. I’m getting some Net Yaroze nostalgia from it at the moment, especially the weird lo-poly character models you encounter in the world

Chef’s kiss

1 Like

Trying again with FFXV but it is just so bad. Instead of making bad games, why not simply make one that doesnt suck?

We’ve built a teleporter to the ocean where we are going to build a marina which should hopefully speed up reasoruce gathering because I really want a bronze pickaxe and its taking ages to get one

I don’t even have a cape or a hat yet :smiley:

1 Like

I dint have a cape but do have two pieces of troll armour!

We are starting to actually hunt trolls jolly good fun. You should join in the next troll hunt :wink:

so the sony state of play was as bad as the nintendo direct then :laughing:

good job no one can buy a new console, otherwise they might realise theres fuck all to play on them.

Why does FF15, the FF with the largest number simply not eat all of the other FFs

Give it a chance, it grows on you. Least it did on me. Maybe I’m just a sucker for ff games

I really don’t care about having loads of new games to play, I just want a ps5 so I can play Demons Souls and Play Assassin’s Creed: Viking Rampage without half my play time being looking at loading screens. That’ll do me if I ever manage to get hold of a ps5 at some point between now and the end of all time.

1 Like

heard theres a big drop coming in march. hope you snag one.

1 Like

March is my birthday! Bloody hope so! Thanks :slight_smile:

Someone has never met me or @Bamnan

6 Likes

I’m sure this must be sarcastic. Nerds won’t ever shut up about it!

4 Likes

I haven’t played Assassin’s Creed in weeks. Got very repetitive. Keep meaning to go back but dunno if I ever will.

So glad backwards compatibility is a proper thing now. Yes, right now there are barely any next gen games so it feels more essential. But also… I have so many last gen games to catch up on! And even further back… realised I can buy and play The Orange Box again, which is amazing.

I wonder what Nintendo will do with their next console given their reliance on re-releases lately.

1 Like

I always find this with AC games. Very tempted this time because it’s vikings, and it’s supposed to be a great showcase for the PS5, but at the back of my mind I think I’ll get bored after twenty hours or so.

It’s not BAD as such. It’s perfectly fine and does look very nice. I was looking at the level gated areas of the map and realised how long it was going to take. Probably another 50 hours? Decided I wasn’t enjoying it enough to invest that much time. Felt like a slog basically.

1 Like

I’m enjoying Assassins Creed Fun With Vikings despite knowing that it isn’t actually a great game. I think playing it during lockdown (and during winter) has been part of the appeal, being able to pootle around where I like and explore a huge world, feels like I’m using the game to make up what I’m missing irl. The gameplay is samey as hell but there’s a comfort in familiarity you know?

I wouldn’t count is as a great game but I’m having a great time with it cos its just what I need.

1 Like