Gammons on Parade

Peston’s called it ages ago lads, ‘predictable’ if anything. Glad he let us know.

Honestly though can there be any more proof that Britain has a huge racism problem?

5 Likes

Statue fuckers

14 Likes

What’s the starting salary for a Trainee Monument Risk-Assessor?

1 Like

Good reply here. The false equivalence that BLM and bunch of fascist scum out looking for a scrap are just opposite sides in a ‘culture war’ is lazy and offensive.

25 Likes

Weirdly really glad it kicked off today with barely any BLM people there to provoke it because it puts everything out in the open, doesn’t it? So much British fascism over the past few years has been sort of cloaked in language and subtext but this sort of thing is undeniable.

18 Likes

premium (100 lads)

5 Likes

man is on so much beak here, he can’t leave his face alone

20 Likes

doesn’t he have a court order prohibiting him from doing this sort of shit or something anyway?

2 Likes

I’m sniff sure sniff it’s sniff just gurns hayfever sniff

1 Like

I really feel sorry for the horses

1 Like

As someone said in the George Floyd thread it’s really bringing it to the forefront at least. For decades now the one thing you can’t call a racist is racist because they can’t handle it but in some ways UK has at least as bad (if not worse) problems with racism as the US - we just dont have armed police or widespread gun use exacerbating it. Barely hidden racist undercurrents are woven into the discourse of this country and the fact is minorities are treated just as badly if not worse in the UK especially outside of cities.

8 Likes

I’m worried about the statues. Won’t somebody think of the statues

1 Like

The stiff uptight boring old white men?

No, the statues 29, not the humans they represent

1 Like

All of us here on drownedinsound are very worried about the statues, yes

7 Likes

45 Likes

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but the sheer brass neck of the Tories to manufacture this idea that BLM protesters would target war memorials is moustache twiddling level evil. The official party of dads taking the divorce really badly.

23 Likes

Absolutely intentional too. This is a Tory strategy to dilute spontaneous and genuine outpourings to achieve racial justice with culture war false equivalency.

13 Likes

Same deal as what Trump’s doing, just a different playground

Seen quite a lot of ‘we’re racist and we don’t care’ which I’m like, have the balls to say it alone then, coven of pricks

3 Likes