Gardening Thread

Already started for this year - two cuts of the lawn, fully weeded, moss killer down and raked out, planted some jasmine.

Ground is fucking rock solid though - have we had any significant rain this year at all? That said, some forecast over the next couple of days so might get some grass seed down after the kids have gone to bed this evening.

:heart: gardening…

:seedling::evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::tulip::hibiscus::sunflower::blossom::herb:

1 Like

We have a garden that is an absolute mess at the moment. Now that the house is pretty much finished, the plan is to work on the garden over the summer and autumn, to be in a position to plant it up next spring.

I think we had a conversation about this before, maybe, but we’re looking at a thyme and camomile lawn, rather than grass.

I have a garden and I don’t like gardening. BUT, my TV loves gardening and she does an amazing job at it.

Currently building a veg garden. Constructed 4 raised beds from scaffolding planks. Looks pretty professional.

2 Likes

Excellent! I properly jet-washed our paving slabs last weekend and they’ve come up brilliant. This reminds me: I need cement to repoint some bits. I rarely feel as manly as when I’m mixing cement with a beer on the go.

1 Like

looks like grape vines

We just got a 6ft fence installed. It makes the garden into a really nice private area. Really looking forward to summer.

There are two apple trees just close enough to suspend a hammock between. THAT’S gardening.

Jet washing is great fun!

2 Likes

Sycamore or Norwegian Maple, I think.

1 Like

When can I expect to be able to bottle Maison d’Epimer chablis?

Loads of different types of potatoes.
Garlic.
Onions.
Courgettes.
Carrots.

Not veg -
Strawberries
Raspberries.
Other berries
Rhubarb

got one!

well, the previous owners left it in the shed and it works fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Get a small corded Bosch Rotak Ergoflex (eg 32cm blade). You should be able to get one for under £100 and they’re far better than mowers three times the price.

I disagree, but this thread is not a thread for arguments.

post can’t be empty

1 Like

I took the standard Disser solution and just bought one myself because I’m a massive, massive pussy who needed something to grow his sweet-peas against.

It was a reply to xylo

1 Like

urgh - we just checked everyone was cool with it and then forked out for a massive fence. Two neighbours mumbled about chipping in some cash but nothing as yet.

BUILD THAT WALL
AND WHO’S GONNA PAY FOR IT?

1 Like

:slight_smile:

(it is actually a bosch one but i’ve no idea what model and i reckon it’ll probably die before the year’s done)

Looking at the size of your lawn in the photo in the previous thread, I think the 40 is probably a bit too big - 32 is a better size.

1 Like