Garlic

A little definitely goes a long way, baffled by the whole “recipe says use a clove, I’ll use a bulb :crazy_face:” brigade

Obviously it’s good though

3 Likes

Will eat entire cloves raw when I have a sore throat and boy does it work

2 Likes
  • I’m enjoying this series of food-opinion threads, long may they continue
  • Please fucking stop.

0 voters

Use this stuff in my house in cooking, big fan :

Really good value for money too.

6 Likes

Also the Garlic and Ginger version (which you can put into ice cube trays and freeze)

1 Like

Yes, that one is excellent too. I tend to just buy the small jars of that as don’t use as much ginger, but it’s always just the right amount :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had the most garlicky (and therefore best) Tarka Dal of my life last night.

I’m a garlic girl!

4 Likes

You’re one classy broad is what you are.

can’t stand it. Awful

just joking, it’s obviously great!! unlike cloves and cardamom

3 Likes

Bought a jar of that like a year ago, thinking it’s be easier for curries and that but still haven’t actually opened it.

1 Like

I absolutely love garlic, but I think I’m starting to be fairly certain that I have a very irritating issue with fructans that means the initial enjoyment of the garlic flavour is offset by later misery. However, apparently you can soak garlic cloves in oil and then use the oil in your food without the fructans being absorbed, so i’m going to be trying that.

Don’t trust any of this jarred stuff. Fresh or gtfo

14 Likes

The puree is fine. The chopped stuff in a jar just tastes of vinegar. Also one of the highlights of cooking with garlic is getting to spend the rest of your evening sniffing your garlic fingers. Don’t get that with the pre-chopped stuff

3 Likes

Garlic fingers

• Fundamentally good
  • Fundamentally bad

0 voters

*Garlic gal?

SHE PLAYED THE FIDDLE IN AN IRISH BAND

1 Like

I can’t eat it any more as it gives me a tummy ache. :cry:

I am not on board with people boasting about how much they eat, it’s just the new chilli isn’t it? Ooh you’re so tough

1 Like

https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/iceland-chopped-garlic-100g/70628.html

Good to have a bag of this in the freezer.