Garlic

21 Likes

WIGGGOOOOOOO

2 Likes

in a garlic world!

3 Likes

Garlic is said to increase passion and ignorance

According to Ayurveda, India’s classic medical science, foods are grouped into three categories - sattvic, rajasic and tamasic - foods in the modes of goodness, passion and ignorance. Onions and garlic, and the other alliaceous plants are classified as rajasic and tamasic, which means that they increase passion and ignorance.

…and I say count me in to the rajasic and tamasic gang motherfucker

3 Likes

The Funkhouser Story

3 Likes

I like a lot of garlic, ok! :wink:

Garlic powder is a relatively recent addition to my regular cooking after years of turning my nose up at it. Really useful

4 Likes

Really miss those garlic flavoured snacks by phileas fogggg. Wish garlic crisps would catch on.

1 Like

At one point I had to try cutting out garlic and onions from my diet (medical thing) turned out they weren’t the issue and I was so relieved because life was FUCKING MISERABLE without them.

4 Likes

Omg the whole range of ethnically dubious snacks!

The tortilla chips were amazing too, best ever - would look forward to the leftover spices from the bottom of the bag

7 Likes

Also this stuff is perfection. We go through bottles and bottles of it here and use it in everything, as well as fresh/miced/powdered garlic

2 Likes

I tried pickling garlic once and it went blue. My research then turned up that botulism can grow on garlic in some badly preserved garlic, so I didn’t try again :frowning:

1 Like

Tell you what’s really good, it’s this:

1 Like

Cor that takes me back

2 Likes

few things better than garlic. fucking love it.

2 Likes

Use this for everything:

4 Likes

Yep that’s me right now

Sometimes wonder how many hours of my life I have spent peeling and chopping garlic. It’s probably at least a week.
Worth it.

2 Likes

Would you say it was less time or more time than Avery spends frying onions?

1 Like

Hate it when an item on a menu catches my eye with -‘Garlic(ky)’ only to continue with’ mushrooms’ or ‘prawns’ so disappointing