It’s just supreme isn’t it.

• gimme dat garlic
  • vampire option
0 voters

tell me your garlic tales.

once again I’m here to tell you that I’ve never held a garlic

2 Likes
1 Like

fffffsssss i did a search and everything!!!

Over 2 years old so the statute of limitations has long passed. Was more sharing it to repeat my opinion.

4 Likes

I see a gar, I lick it!

12 Likes

If you ever want to peel a kilogram or two of the stuff you’re welcome to pop round while I’m making the Dark Side hot sauce. Though I worry the novelty will wear off about 3 cloves in.

3 Likes

woah I wonder what your kitchen ends up smelling like after all that!

:smiley:

1 Like

‘Powerful’ is the only word for it

2 Likes

I miss the pizza van that used to come this way and offered a squeeze of freshly roasted garlic over your pie for an extra 50p.

5 Likes

i made garlic butter last night. let me tell you it was nectar of the gods.

2 Likes

I got some pizza last week with full roasted cloves all over it. There was a burning sensation on my tongue for the rest of the day, it was great.

3 Likes

My mum (boomer) and my aunt (who is a lot older, like approaching 90) have a lot of funny conversations about garlic. My aunt, despite being a very open minded person is nonetheless of the generation that considers any flavour in food to be offensive, ostentatious and generally just very unpleasant. To them, garlic is the epitome of this (“Garlic, Bread?”). Every time she comes to my Mum’s for dinner and says “ooh this is lovely Jane” my Mum always takes enormous delight in telling her how many cloves of garlic are in it and then my aunt will change her mind and say it’s too strong and she can’t eat it.

11 Likes

Best take I’ve read on anything all day tbh tbf. Having some garlic bread tonight too. What a Thursday.

3 Likes

my mum is the same! ‘oh god caroline have you been eating garlic?’

also revel with delight at reading the ingredients of her ready meals to her

2 Likes

Growing some serious garlic on the allotment

5 Likes

ever made your own garlic sauce like you’d get in a kebab place?

it’s super easy and delicious

blend some garlic cloves (as many as you dare)
50/50 of yoghurt and mayo
lemon juice
dried mint

just mix it all together and boom boom

7 Likes

Hare Krishnas don’t eat garlic as (they say) it increases passion and ignorance.

That’s my garlic fact, see you next time garlic fans x

1 Like